Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer time at changi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Transfer time at changi

Flying MAN-PER, via Changi, in November in J class and have been given a transfer time of 90 mins at Changi.
Is this enough time as the next flight is 10 hours later.
If we miss the connection, will they book us onto the following flight or with another Star Alliance Partner if it's quicker in the same class?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Tanya934
Flying MAN-PER, via Changi, in November in J class and have been given a transfer time of 90 mins at Changi.
Is this enough time as the next flight is 10 hours later.
If we miss the connection, will they book us onto the following flight or with another Star Alliance Partner if it's quicker in the same class?
90 minutes is plenty for Changi. Even if your inbound flight is delayed by an hour there’s a good chance you can still make the connection.

If things go south the ground staff will usually be waiting at the gate with your new boarding passes and hotel vouchers if needed. I’m not sure any other *A carrier (only TG comes to mind) would get you to PER any sooner than the next SQ flight so I highly doubt you’d be rebooked on another airline. Not because they’re unwilling to, but because it just doesn’t make sense.
Tanya934 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:14 pm

Plus, long haul flights from Europe have a fair amount of margin from my experience. Even if you depart half an hour late from Manchester you'll probably still arrive on time.
Tanya934 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:18 am

If you arrive to T3, Perth flights leave from T3 so at worst you would have a 10-15 minute brisk walk to your next gate if arriving within that same terminal.
even from the worst gate in T2 if you can walk fast you can make any gate within 30 minutes.
Tanya934 likes this.

Last edited by Firemansam; Feb 2, 2018 at 2:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.