Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Parking at remote stand at LAX as F pax. Itís just not right!!!

Parking at remote stand at LAX as F pax. Itís just not right!!!

Old Jul 23, 19, 6:03 am

Programs: CX GR, SQ TPPS, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dval44 View Post
My EVA flight boarded from a strange remote stand area about 15 minutes from the lounge. 136 I believe. Typing this from another bus on the runway.
You would have done something like this:
dval44 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
I remember landing at DXB in J at a remote stand ... sneaking onto the F shuttle bus there.

It's almost not fair to compare to that experience
Old Jul 23, 19, 7:10 am

FWIW my last flight on SQ11 back in March, boarding took place at a terminal gate rather than remote gate.
Old Jul 23, 19, 8:11 am

Buses are operated by the airport, not by the airline. This is why they will not operate a dedicated bus for a few F passengers: they only leave when they are full because they have limited resources available. Honestly, being upset that the F passengers have to share oxygen with the J passengers is not even a first world problem, but a personality disorder. F is just an absurd novelty at this point for people who think they are special, but cannot afford to fly private. I am glad that many airlines are eliminating it completely now that J is better than what F was just a few years ago. Do you really need anything beyond a semi-private suite with a lie-flat bed??
davidj1 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 19, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by downinit View Post
Buses are operated by the airport, not by the airline. This is why they will not operate a dedicated bus for a few F passengers: they only leave when they are full because they have limited resources available. Honestly, being upset that the F passengers have to share oxygen with the J passengers is not even a first world problem, but a personality disorder. F is just an absurd novelty at this point for people who think they are special, but cannot afford to fly private. I am glad that many airlines are eliminating it completely now that J is better than what F was just a few years ago. Do you really need anything beyond a semi-private suite with a lie-flat bed??
I do get this though. When you travel J and board the bus early, you do end up being towards back of the pack if you are asked to move in. This can add potentially additional 20-30 minutes at immigration which at LAX can be really terrible considering how big the queues are usually.
dval44 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:01 am

Honestly, being upset that the F passengers have to share oxygen with the J passengers is not even a first world problem, but a personality disorder. F is just an absurd novelty at this point for people who think they are special, but cannot afford to fly private.
I think when you are paying 5-10X the rate of an economy pax, itís fair to expect some bundled services that make the airport experience smoother and more efficient.

You are not paying for the seat only. You are paying for ground services as well.

I donít really think that qualifies as a personality disorder but to each his own!
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Having done the remote gate/bus to plane at LAX in F, it really is an underwhelming start to the trip. I remember discussing with my wife how disappointing the process was. I don't even recall they differentiating between F/J & Y while boarding the buses. At most, there are only 52 pax for F/J, 2-3 buses would've sufficed...

First world problems for sure but definitely a sub-par way to start a trip in SQ F at LAX.
Old Aug 6, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: BA LTG GGL CCR, SQ TPPS, CX DM, AA Plat 2MM
For me this is not accurate. There is a difference between F and J especially the amount of disturbance and service you get in F is much better experience. For example, In J they turn on the light 2+ hours before landing and make a lot of noise. In F, this doesn't happen so I get a much better rest. There are many more small things and that is why people pay for F.

Flying Private is a huge price difference... you may want to do some research on that. Yes, they are eliminating F on some routes but that is not because people are flying Private it is because demand for F is less (mainly due to company policies). However, on the routes that I frequent LHR/JFK they are quite often full and I sometimes have to waitlist even a couple of months in advance on a paid ticket.

I do agree the bus experience is not nice when you compare to EK in DXB but given airline has no control over LAX, I don't blame CX or SQ at all. Just accept it and move on. Many things in F are not perfect but I definitely notice the appreciate the difference in F vs. J.
Old Aug 7, 19, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by bagold View Post
For example, In J they turn on the light 2+ hours before landing and make a lot of noise. In F, this doesn't happen so I get a much better rest.
Interesting! This actually happened to me yesterday on AA flagship first.

the stewardess said, ďusually I wake people up for breakfast about 90 minutes before landing. Is that ok with you?Ē

I said, ďlate as possible pleaseĒ

She ended up waking me up on final approach, and brining my breakfast trey when they were checking seatbelts and trey tables. (She put it on the side ledge for those wondering).

I was astonished!

Search this Thread