KrisFlyer/Flying Club

Old Feb 4, 2000, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Post KrisFlyer/Flying Club

I'm due to fly Virgin Atlantic soon but I found the following mention on their website: 'Flying Economy you’ll start earning miles after three qualifying round trips or six one way flights in a twelve month period'. Right. Three RTs before starting to accrue. So I thought of Sinpagore Airlines.

On Jan.21 I sent the following message to Krisflyer Membership Services:
I would like to know if I am able to earn miles by taking NRT-LHR-NRT on Virgin Alantic discounted economy class. If yes, is it also 50% of the actual mileage?

Today, I received the following message:
Thank you for your e-mail dated 21 Jan 2000 to KrisFlyer Membership Services. In response to your query, please note that the 50 per cent off redemption points promotion only apply to award travel on SQ flights. The promotion ends on 31 April 2000.

Wake up, Krisflyer! I sent a reply saying they were missing something. Does anyone know if I'm able to accrue any miles with KrisFlyer?

[This message has been edited by aleph08 (edited 02-04-2000).]
Old Feb 4, 2000, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Virgin Atlantic, being a partner of KrisFlyer, will accrue mileage on that programme. And yes, you only currently accrue 50% mileage in economy class.

Krisflyer was once offering double points but I think it was for Upper Class service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.