Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH Airport Upgrade Biz to Suites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, HH Diamond, BA Gold
ZRH Airport Upgrade Biz to Suites

Anyone know if SQ do airport upgrades at ZRH? Not flown with SQ from ZRH. In last year have managed to pay a reduced upgrade fee at check-in counter in AKL/LAX/JFK from Biz to Suites/First. It seems SQ are opening up to this revenue generating opportunity!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:31 pm

I don't have an answer but, out of curiosity, how much did you pay for these upgrades?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, HH Diamond, BA Gold
JFK (Suites) and access to Virgin Club at JFK) was US$1750 - this was all the way to SIN (via FRA)
AKL(Suites) was super value GBP£400 (after conversion on my CC)
LAX (First Class B777) was US$1500 - this was also all the way to SIN (via NRT) - I was the only pax in 4 seat cabin; asked at ticket desk STD -4 hours and they made phone call to uplift catering.

I considered these to be good value based on the original fare I paid.

On each occasion the ticket desks dealt with it swiftly and as though it was 'procedure'. In JFK the very friendly SQ agent got out a laminate card with a matrix of upgrade costs from every cabin to every cabin.

I was travelling on paid tickets (not redemption) but all of them were lowest business booking class.

I am a long standing PPS member but don't think that had anything to do with it.

Only thing to look out for is that when the mileage posted to my Krisflyer account it was for the original Business class ticket awarded, however a quick call to PPS club and the full F class mileage was added and PPS Value was increased to reflect what I paid for the upgrade.
Romain_ likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by hollyhamish
AKL(Suites) was super value GBP£400 (after conversion on my CC)
That's an excellent deal for a such long flight ^
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hyatt Plat
Sorry I can't help but would love to know how you get on from ZRH as we'll be on the same journey and hoping to try to pay for an upgrade (but from Eco to Biz)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by rash76
Sorry I can't help but would love to know how you get on from ZRH as we'll be on the same journey and hoping to try to pay for an upgrade (but from Eco to Biz)
Won't happen in economy. Unless you have a full fare economy, and then the upgrade will only be to PE.
rash76 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm happy in A380 J however if there is a good airport deal I'm up for it. Might ask next time.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I'd love for there to be a good airport deal ex-HKG to SFO ... but wishful thinking
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hollyhamish
Anyone know if SQ do airport upgrades at ZRH? Not flown with SQ from ZRH. In last year have managed to pay a reduced upgrade fee at check-in counter in AKL/LAX/JFK from Biz to Suites/First. It seems SQ are opening up to this revenue generating opportunity!
I asked when checking in for my flight to SIN yesterday - 3500 CHF....I passed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.