Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ 380 new suites - facing sideway for takeoff?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold

Hello

Has anyone been in the new suites? I read somewhere that the armchair must face the TV (inwards) during takeoff and landing?

Hard to believe you can't face the window. I still get a rush as the plane rolls off the tarmac!

Would love to know.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:07 pm

Which commercial airline seat faces the window?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
In the new Suites product the seat is aligned parallel to the windows (windows are on your immediate left/right).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaze
Well I really meant is that usually, you can look out of the window, which would be challenging if it was directly behind you. But to answer your question literally, I guess there are some business class layouts in whiich the seats are angled towards the window.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
In the new Suites product the seat is aligned parallel to the windows (windows are on your immediate left/right).
Thank you!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:49 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Phaze
Reverse herringbone layout (used by several airlines) faces the window (albeit on an angle). Conversely herringbone layout (used by VS & NZ amongst others) has back to the window.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:34 pm

If you want to look out from the window during take off or landing, select row 2 or 3.

it is very hard for row 1 to look out the windown due to the position of the two windows.

p.s. miss row 3 in old A380 with 3 windows.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjjohn
If you want to look out from the window during take off or landing, select row 2 or 3.

it is very hard for row 1 to look out the windown due to the position of the two windows.

p.s. miss row 3 in old A380 with 3 windows.
Thank you! Changed to 2A
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:42 am

Unless the seat config is centrally locked for takeoff and landing, what's stopping you from rotating the armchair in the privacy of your Suite once the crew are seated in their jumpseats?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by 17cc
Unless the seat config is centrally locked for takeoff and landing, what's stopping you from rotating the armchair in the privacy of your Suite once the crew are seated in their jumpseats?
when take off and landing, the seat needs to face forward.
tablet was locked as well.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by 17cc
safety considerations for one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.