Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

NO PREMIUM ECONOMY SEATS NYC - Frankfurt in June 2018?

Old Jan 14, 18, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Trying to book this with Singapore Air, but only economy and economy flex (and business, of course) are being offered for June13-June28 round trip on their booking page. Is it because there aren't any or because they are all taken?
Thank you for info.
Old Jan 14, 18, 11:41 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by petina View Post
Trying to book this with Singapore Air, but only economy and economy flex (and business, of course) are being offered for June13-June28 round trip on their booking page. Is it because there aren't any or because they are all taken?
Thank you for info.
I can see premium economy for those dates so not sure why you can't.. $1700 return which seems pretty expensive. Personally I wouldn't pay that when LH business can be had for an extra $400 or SQ business for an extra $650.
Old Jan 14, 18, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I can only see economy for $1331 and the other classes are "flex' something. I have grabbed the economy for two of what was left of the "standard" seat selection
shown on my screen by my two different browsers cleaned of all cookies and history, for June 14 - June 27.
A mystery why I am not seeing what you do....
Up until 5 yrs ago we used to fly year after year to Vienna (our final destination) with Austrian from Rochester NY by way of Wash DC, but we do not fancy Dulles, especially on returning when incoming passengers are treated like poultry at a processing plant. Disgusting!!
It was time to try something different and Singapore seemed fine after many hours of searching online. Being elderly, we did not want to risk some of the much cheaper options found elsewhere online, such as many by Kayak.com. where Airfare.com, Flywithus, etc etc offer better deals. Checking online about these and similar unknowns, we are skeptical about the proliferation and integrity of such and so prefer our present choice. JFK is fine compared to Dulles on return passport and other possible control (why is that?) and the price is just a bit more than with Austrian 5 yrs ago.
The booking is done and paid for, and we shall see.
We thank you for your response and info, pogonation, whoever you are! If you have any other advice to share, we are listening.
Thank you very much!
Old Jan 15, 18, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I booked SQ25 PE outbound June 28, 2018. I booked during their "black Friday" sale which required leaving before June 30 to get the low fare (1089/RT). I noticed most of the seats in PE were taken on the outbound trip but on my return in July that section is wide open. So I am thinking many people took advantage of the sale and since PE was for practical purposes, cheaper than Economy, and packed those seats. I can easily imagine the popular days are full.

Search this Thread