New A380 economy layout

Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
New A380 economy layout

I have an upcoming journey on an A380 with what looks like a new economy seatmap. Row 41 seems to be aft of door 2, equivalent to Row 31 on the current A380 layouts, and rows 41-44 only have seats at either side - the galley seems to occupy the middle section.

Row 41 and 70 have only AB and JK seats. The smaller front Y cabin of the current 4-class layouts is not present, with a large front Y cabin from rows 41 to 58, The missing D seat aft of door 3 for the crew rest escape hatch does not seem to be present either.

Here is the picture of the SQ MMB seat map:

The layout doesn't seem to appear yet on SeatGuru and other sites, but maybe it is the newest A380 with F upstairs and PE between door 1 and 2 downstairs?

42 and 71 A and K are shown as preferred seats, so maybe 41 and 70 AB actually line up with the BC seats, and 41 and 70 JK line up with the HJ seats, as in this picture which I think comes from an A350:

Does anyone know this A380 layout, and if so, do 42 and 71 A and K have aisle access past the side the two seats in front, as in the picture above?

Last edited by wyvern; Jan 14, 2018 at 8:30 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Hi wyvern, the new SQ A380 seat layout is available on the SQ website here. (Other seat layouts for the SIA fleet can be found here.) Based on that, 42 A/K and 71 A/K are indeed preferred seats, with an empty space in front of them.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Thanks sqyf - a little strange that the seats in rows 42 and 71 are labelled as AB and JK on the seating plan not not BC and HJ. But 42 AK and 70 AK look to be good seats combining a window and aisle access, and having some pairs is not a bad thing either.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:50 pm

I am flying in this configuration in June. It looks like rows 76-79 (last four rows in economy) are not available for seat selection. Any idea why?
This is on a SYD-SIN sector
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by plutekplutek
I am flying in this configuration in June. It looks like rows 76-79 (last four rows in economy) are not available for seat selection. Any idea why?
This is on a SYD-SIN sector
Airlines often hold particular rows/seats for Airport Control. They may use them for Unaccompanied Minors, Balance, Crew Dead Heading, etc
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by wyvern
Thanks sqyf - a little strange that the seats in rows 42 and 71 are labelled as AB and JK on the seating plan not not BC and HJ. But 42 AK and 70 AK look to be good seats combining a window and aisle access, and having some pairs is not a bad thing either.
Hi wyvern! Quick update on this. I recently flew on the new A380. Here a few pics of the emex row seats, where 42A/K and 70A/K are window seats which have no seat in front of them. Very good seats.

More coverage of new A380 Y, as well as Suites, in a trip report here. (Link to external SQTalk site.)
davidj1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.