Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Chasing new J suites in 77W and A388 on FRA-SIN-SYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chasing new J suites in 77W and A388 on FRA-SIN-SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Chasing new J seats in 77W and A388 on FRA-SIN-SYD

Hi everyone,

I've got the option of flying SQ in September this year from FRA to SIN to SYD and I have the option of both the 77W or A388 on either leg and I'm keen to get your suggestions.
I understand that the 77W J upgrade is further advanced then the A388 upgrade, but are they known to put certain aircraft on certain routes?
I thought I read at one stage that they often put the upgraded A380s on the flights to SYD.

My biggest priority would be chasing the new suites, other than what's actually the better aircraft (which is probably the A380).

Many thanks! I'm usually a OW flyer and this is my first SQ J experience so I'll be keen to see what it's like.

Last edited by PaulST; Jan 11, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:48 am

i'm not sure what you mean by suites, as SQ has an open concept in J, but the new J announced last year is only available on the A380 currently operating btw SIN-SYD

Additionally, the J on the old A380, which flies FRA-SIN, is not as good as the 77W J

So my suggestion would be to fly 77W FRA-SIN, and A380 (but make sure its the right flight - that information is available elsewhere) btw SIN-SYD
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nihar Shah
i'm not sure what you mean by suites, as SQ has an open concept in J, but the new J announced last year is only available on the A380 currently operating btw SIN-SYD

Additionally, the J on the old A380, which flies FRA-SIN, is not as good as the 77W J

So my suggestion would be to fly 77W FRA-SIN, and A380 (but make sure its the right flight - that information is available elsewhere) btw SIN-SYD
Cool thanks for the reply.
Yep sorry I meant the business class seat. Us Aussies are starved of F products so we (well I am) are starting to call slightly enclosed J seats 'suites'.

Many thanks, looks like I'll book the 77W from FRA and the A388 to SYD.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PaulST
Cool thanks for the reply.
Yep sorry I meant the business class seat. Us Aussies are starved of F products so we (well I am) are starting to call slightly enclosed J seats 'suites'.

Many thanks, looks like I'll book the 77W from FRA and the A388 to SYD.

​​​​​​What do you mean by Aussies starved of F seats? SQ has 2 daily A380 flights to Sydney with proper Suites, and most of the time 1 flight a day to Melbourne on A380 Suites also.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kamchatsky
​​​​​​What do you mean by Aussies starved of F seats? SQ has 2 daily A380 flights to Sydney with proper Suites, and most of the time 1 flight a day to Melbourne on A380 Suites also.
Fair enough. As I write my response I've realised that there's still a fair few flights into and out of Australia that include F class. I guess I was referring to the likes of CX, JAL and AA who have all recently dumped F to Australia.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PaulST
Fair enough. As I write my response I've realised that there's still a fair few flights into and out of Australia that include F class. I guess I was referring to the likes of CX, JAL and AA who have all recently dumped F to Australia.
Well you still have EK, EY, QR, SQ, TG, BA with F coming to Australia (possibly plus others like GA and KE but u need to check) . Of course there is also QF with F as well. So there are still plenty of F opportunities.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kamchatsky
Well you still have EK, EY, QR, SQ, TG, BA with F coming to Australia (possibly plus others like GA and KE but u need to check) . Of course there is also QF with F as well. So there are still plenty of F opportunities.
Point taken.

BA are flattered btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.