Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Connecting at LAX to SQ7 from either DL or UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold

Am looking to book a one way SFO-LAX to connect to my existing LAX-ICN-SIN booking in J.

Any preference on either DL or UA for SFO-LAX to ensure a smoother connection? I think both will interline my bags no issue on two separate tickets. Wanted to get thoughts on this given the recent DL terminal change at LAX and overall length of security likes there. Thanks!

​​​
​​​
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You can walk airside from the UA gates at T7. Takes about 20 minutes. DL gates are closer, but you have to take an airside shuttle.

DL is more reliable and less likely to delay (and doesn't have the gate shortage at LAX that UA does). That said, SFO-LAX connecting to international on separate tix can be a total cluster on any airline if you have ATC at SFO. The minimum safe connect time IMO is 3 hours. Longer is better.

Are you sure DL will interline on separate tix?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by localkinegrindz
Am looking to book a one way SFO-LAX to connect to my existing LAX-ICN-SIN booking in J.

Any preference on either DL or UA for SFO-LAX to ensure a smoother connection? I think both will interline my bags no issue on two separate tickets. Wanted to get thoughts on this given the recent DL terminal change at LAX and overall length of security likes there. Thanks!

​​​
​​​

I do this often. Both are 10 min walk from their terminals to Tom Bradley. Never interlined baggage myself, always collected it and stuck more stuff in upon arrival at LAX.

I’ve left 4 hours between arrival from domestic to SQ flight.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I don’t think DL will interline bags on separate tix. Pretty sure they won’t. Better check.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
UA interline to SQ is not guaranteed either. Been both successful and unsuccessful in the past. Might depend on the phase of the moon.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:46 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by nanyang
UA interline to SQ is not guaranteed either. Been both successful and unsuccessful in the past. Might depend on the phase of the moon.
Granted, nothing in life is guaranteed but United policy indicates they will interline bags to SQ, even when on separate ticket:

You'll need to claim and re-check baggage if you are:
  • Making a voluntary stopover
  • Making a connection that involves an overnight stay
  • Connecting to an itinerary booked on a separate ticket that doesn't include a Star Alliance partner airline
source

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.