RT Award Booking Dec. 2018

Old Dec 20, 17, 9:38 am
Original Poster

RT Award Booking Dec. 2018

Hello,

My wife and I are looking to book a round trip award for next December 2018 and returning in January 2019. We will be flying LAX to SIN and would like a stop over in NRT or ICN. Booking will be in J or higher(if available)

My understanding is that we would get a free stop over on a Saver RT award. I am aware they release the award space ~355 days out which works well for the outbound to Asia on a one way. However, in order to take advantage of the free stop over my understanding is we have to book the Saver RT all at once? My concern is the availability for our outbound to Asia will become "waitlist", while we may very well have a confirmed J seat on the inbound from Asia.

Looking for suggestions on the best way to proceed to ensure we have confirmed J seats both ways of travel. Lets say we aim to depart on 12/20/18 and return 1/5/19, should we book a RT Saver award on 12/21/17 or 12/22/17 for the outbound 12/20/18 and inbound 12/21/18, and then change the return flight when availability opens up a couple weeks later?

Thank you,

Shane

Search this Thread