Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines A359 Business Class Seats (photos)

Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

I've flown the Business Class seats a number of times on SIA's 380s, 330s, 777s and now my first flight on the new A359.

I also know this thread exists, but I did not think my seat was even remotely close to "shockingly bad", so I started a new thread to post the photos from my recent flight.

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

--------

My initial reaction: 1. Wow, new plane smell (lol), and 2. that wing

Night departure so mood lighting gave the cabin an interesting look.

I thought my seat was fantastic. Took me some time to get used to the placement of things compared to the other SQ aircraft I've flown.
I also like how the designers thought of a non-smooth surface for the side table and tray table. Things don't slide.

I found it rather spacious.

The new IFE screen is massive (well, compared to my previous flights, lol).
Also, thankfully, IIRC, they are using the new Voyager 3D form Panasonic Aviation.
I'm one of those people who likes to follow the route on the map (and it's the same one that Air Canada had installed on the brand new 789s and the entire refurbed 777 fleet)

The footwell area is huge and of course when not sleeping, I used it for misc storage.

Great new remote.

And morning has arrived...

Awesome view out my window

Thunderroad and 1readyset2go like this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Thank you for sharing. I agree it looks lovely and I don't mind if I have to get crew help to turn the seat into a bed!

I'm flying tomorrow MEL-SIN-AMS in business and first time on A350 although MEL-SIN is unfortunately the 777 so I have to wait for 2nd flight.

Return is A350 all the way.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
The 77w has the same seat.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme
The 77w has the same seat.
Very similar design but the actual foot cubby width & depth, leg shelf, etc are slightly bigger, wider, deeper, etc.
davidj1 likes this.

Last edited by Troopers; Dec 8, 2017 at 10:03 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Bank
Nice.
I wish I could be on SQ biz class sometime
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:00 am

Row 11 A/D/F:

Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Tomaus
I'm flying tomorrow MEL-SIN-AMS in business and first time on A350 although MEL-SIN is unfortunately the 777 so I have to wait for 2nd flight.
Return is A350 all the way.
You are lucky with 777
I'm still stuck with 333 on SQ248. Shame how SQ market its new fleet but its J seat is ancient for mid-haul flight.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I’m looking at flying BOM - SYD - MEL - BOM route early next year in J. I see the A350, A380 and 77W available on various legs.

Which aircraft has the best J seats? I’m assuming the soft product on all will be standard and that the new A380 J seats (2 seats in the middle which can be combined into 1 bed - since I’m traveling with my wife) aren’t going to be available.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: SIA Gold, AA PlatPro, AC 75k, Hilton Diamond
Speaking of A359. My SIN-KUL flight on Jun1 just got upgraded to an A359! Long-haul J seats FTW!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Thanks for the pictures! I have my first flight on this bird in Feb coming back from Thailand. It will fun to compare as we will be flying out there on CX's 773 (in J on both SQ and CX). The row 11 pics are awesome. I have secured the other bulkhead row 19 which I believe also has the extra space.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: LH FTL
I agree, the seat is anything else than 'shockingly bad', but I still don't like the concept of a forward-folding backrest forming the surface to sleep on. Especially the second diagonal seat belt you use while sleeping annoyed me tremendously, as I found no comfortable position for my arms, neither under nor above the belt.
And contrary to prevalent opinion on this board, I found the foot cubby on the A350 as good as on the B777, both in seat 11A.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I see the A350, A380 and 77W available on various legs. Which aircraft has the best J seats?
The A350 and 77W have the same general seat design, introduced on the 77W in 2013. However, the 77W has the larger overall seat, as the cabin cross-section is substantially larger and more airy/spacious than the A350.

Unless it ends up being of the new or soon-to-be refurbished A380s, the seats on the current A380 are the older generation (2006 model) vs 77W or A350.

Really, all three aircraft are pleasant experiences. But if you are going for the "best" J seats, you have to decide what is most important to you. If you want the largest seat and most spacious cabin, book the 77W.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by crazycrab955
Really, all three aircraft are pleasant experiences. But if you are going for the "best" J seats, you have to decide what is most important to you. If you want the largest seat and most spacious cabin, book the 77W.
Thanks! Yes I'm sure all of the seats would be good. I wanted to know if any was slightly better than the others. This helps!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice photos, OP. Thanks for sharing this, especially as my wife and I will be flying it next year.

Thanks too to Troopers for the row 11 photos. We'll be in row 19, which I understand is similar.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Dec 17, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:37 am

I flew SIN to MUC and back on the A350 in J and had the best sleep ever!
I got to try the bulkhead seat and a normal one, both resulted in 7-8hrs of sleep over the ~12hr flight.
no complaints from me, loved the seat and the SQ service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.