Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines A359 Business Class Seats (photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines A359 Business Class Seats (photos)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nice photos, OP. Thanks for sharing this, especially as my wife and I will be flying it next year.

Thanks too to Troopers for the row 11 photos. We'll be in row 19, which I understand is similar.
High five! We flew SIN-SFO...kids said the flight didn't feel very long. Row 11 middle seats have significantly more legroom than row 11 window seats.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Question about boarding - in the photo above, the jetway seems connected to the 2L door - is that the typical approach? If so, am I correct in believing that if you're in the rear business cabin, everyone in coach will pass through that cabin during boarding, but in the forward business cabin, you will have no foot traffic? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: VA- Platinum
Thanks for posting, I'm doing BNE-SIN-JNB and return next month, all in 350's J class - can't get bulkheads on any of the flights so going for a mix of centre and window (flying with wife). Good to know the seat is not too bad!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by dcmike
Question about boarding - in the photo above, the jetway seems connected to the 2L door - is that the typical approach? If so, am I correct in believing that if you're in the rear business cabin, everyone in coach will pass through that cabin during boarding, but in the forward business cabin, you will have no foot traffic? Thanks!
The typical approach on most airports is 2 jetways, one at 1L for business class, one at 2L for economy. Being in the rear business class cabin, you always have Y pax passing through, irrespective of 1 or 2 jetways and irrespective of door 1L or 2L. Others than these are probably never used for boarding. Or does the A359 go to an airport that boards via stairs on apron positions?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
Originally Posted by freebo
Thanks for posting, I'm doing BNE-SIN-JNB and return next month, all in 350's J class - can't get bulkheads on any of the flights so going for a mix of centre and window (flying with wife). Good to know the seat is not too bad!
Bulkhead advance reservations are blocked for PPS as far as I know. You can try your luck once check-in opens.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nice photos, OP. Thanks for sharing this, especially as my wife and I will be flying it next year.

Thanks too to Troopers for the row 11 photos. We'll be in row 19, which I understand is similar.

@Thunderroad
Thanks.
Safe travels!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by ex-koelner
The typical approach on most airports is 2 jetways, one at 1L for business class, one at 2L for economy. Being in the rear business class cabin, you always have Y pax passing through, irrespective of 1 or 2 jetways and irrespective of door 1L or 2L. Others than these are probably never used for boarding. Or does the A359 go to an airport that boards via stairs on apron positions?
Thanks ex-Koelner - either way, seems to be a bit nicer in the forward cabin during boarding.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcmike
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
@dcmike
Just to clarify the sequence above in my photos, I took that in BNE once we deplaned after our arrival from SIN.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
@dcmike
Just to clarify the sequence above in my photos, I took that in BNE once we deplaned after our arrival from SIN.
Thank you 24Left! I hadn't thought about people walking through the business cabin until I saw the photo and then realized the front cabin would have less traffic. I appreciate your clarification.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
The comments in the other thread are mostly about tight legroom for taller people, especially when not in bed mode. Looking at these pics, I can anticipate my shins hitting that front piece; you cant tuck your legs under like you might in a tight Y seat either. Its not ideal is it? Nice amount of storage etc, and obviously no one next to you if at the window. I will however be disappointed if legroom is little better than Premium Economy.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukgooner
The comments in the other thread are mostly about tight legroom for taller people, especially when not in bed mode. Looking at these pics, I can anticipate my shins hitting that front piece; you cant tuck your legs under like you might in a tight Y seat either. Its not ideal is it? Nice amount of storage etc, and obviously no one next to you if at the window. I will however be disappointed if legroom is little better than Premium Economy.
Hardly the same comparison since Premium Economy is a seat that has an extendable foot-rest versus a lie-flat and private suites or pods in Business.

Anyway, there is a thread on the FT forums of many airlines, that has complaints about the business class seats, the Premium Economy seats and the Economy seats at the back of the bus. I accept the reality that airline seats are not designed for the comforts of home, that they must fit into that tube in the sky, that they must meet rigid safety standards and thus, despite the beauty, not all are going to be comfortable for all of us (especially since we are not all the same height or size).

I accept this as I spend much of my time above the clouds.

Also, as opposed to the seat itself, the one thing I do want is a pod with some personal space. When travelling alone, I will avoid airlines on long-haul if it is a 2-2-2 business class config. It is fine for 4 hour regional flights, but that matters more to me than the odd space limitations of the seat itself.

IMHO
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by 24left
When travelling alone, I will avoid airlines on long-haul if it is a 2-2-2 business class config. It is fine for 4 hour regional flights, but that matters more to me than the odd space limitations of the seat itself.

IMHO
The only 2-2-2 LH configuration I would fly in are the Apex suites of KE and JL since they are very private when the partition is up and dont have the legroom issue for the knees of taller people. Though I believe bed length only goes to 6'4 to 6'6.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I just got home from flying SQ 52 SIN-IAH. I am 6 foot 2 inches and had 19a. I found this seat to be quite cramped length wise. It was hard for me to find a position to sleep in. I also found it hard to get in a comfortable kicked back tv watching position. In bed mode I thought it was too hard, (and I like a firm mattress) and a bit uneven. I hated the AV controls! The only part I liked was it had some decent width and the TV monitor was good size.

I flew on a CX 773 in J from LAX-SIN a couple weeks prior and much preferred that. The CX food was better too. I found serivce to be very good on both.
FlyerEC and terbangalways like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Mods - Bumping this thread

It would be great to have a single thread for the seating on the A350 series of aircraft, perhaps a wiki

This thread had my photos in the OP, from my A359 SIN-BNE flight. That was more of a regional flight, even at 8 hours. It is interesting to see that the seats look exactly the same on the new A359ULR, but the pillows and bedding are definitely different. Are those just for ULR flights or all long-haul?

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
A350 bulkhead seats...

As most know, the bulkhead J seats on the 350 have much more space for your legs when you are sleeping. It's either row 11 or 19. My question is which row seems to have the least amount of traffic / noise / light? Up front by row 11 there is only one bathroom and row 19 has 2. Galley near both.
Is there a light / noise issue regardless as to which row you select?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.