Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Waitlisted on P-J upgrade on multiple segments - partial clear tactics?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.

I have not used P to J upgrades (or any other upgrades, for that matter) in the past, so this may be a naive question:

I requested a KF upgrade on a two segment outbound flight (SQ25 + SQ972). Almost immediately after filing this request, I was notified that SQ972 is available (Y to J) and that I have several days to accept (or not).

My question is whether accepting this upgrade will affect the more important one, that on SQ25? I do not care so much for the short haul SQ972 upgrade, but do care about SQ25. In fact, would rather not waste KF miles on SQ972 alone. On the other hand, if the upgrade does clear on SQ25, would it cost me the same number of KF miles to get upgraded on both SQ25 + SQ972 as the SQ25 alone?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
I assume P here is referring to premium economy and that you are booked in fare classes P and Y? Since you are on a mixed itinerary (booking classes P and Y), in my experience, you do not have the option to upgrade the BKK segment “for free,” as part of a North America to Asia upgrade; the Y-segment is handled completely separately. If you decide to upgrade the BKK segment, you would pay according to Y to J for a regional flight, which, based on your post, you do not appear inclined to do.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by jope_taco
I assume P here is referring to premium economy and that you are booked in fare classes P and Y? Since you are on a mixed itinerary (booking classes P and Y), in my experience, you do not have the option to upgrade the BKK segment “for free,” as part of a North America to Asia upgrade; the Y-segment is handled completely separately. If you decide to upgrade the BKK segment, you would pay according to Y to J for a regional flight, which, based on your post, you do not appear inclined to do.
Thanks for the info.

Indeed, it is a P (SQ25) + Y (SQ972) mixed itinerary. I will check with KF again, but if it is a separate upgrade, I know what is to be done
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Hi, I recently had a very similar issue with MEL-SIN-AMS - PE to Business class.

Melbourne to Singapore cleared within a week after a chaser. Then there was a time limit which could not be extended.

So I ticketed and they took the MEL to SIN upgrade miles charge - 50000 I think - it was a saver upgrade.

Then about 6 weeks later the SIN to AMS cleared.

When I phoned them to ticket, I explained that I wanted the whole thing - ie both segments assessed as a through upgrade.

Once the person explained what I wanted they said to leave it with them and they would sort out.

So - what happened was that the 50000 was refunded and the through amount charged (75 000 points/miles I think).

Now what helped was ensuring that the person understood my request and also the fact that it was someone who could actually do something.

I've found when calling KF call centre, sometimes I just get a call centre person who doesn't really know much about anything.

However, when I'm lucky it is someone from the KF team in Singapore who understands what I want and be knows how (or knows how to find out how) to do it.

Last edited by Tomaus; Nov 30, 2017 at 7:51 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Might be a little off topic, but for a P to J upgrade with Krisflyer miles is there a specific inventory that needs to be available for the upgrade to clear?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.