Wiki Posts
Search

Suites Class Special Meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Suites Class Special Meals

Hey everyone.

I'm flying Singapore Suites SYD-SIN soon and wondered if anyone has experience of the special meals..

I need to avoid gluten. If I order the gluten free meal is it likely to be dreadful and the same as they would serve in economy (but presented nicer) or do they actually go out of their way to offer something high quality for the Suites class special meals?

I was originally flying business but the waitlist for suites cleared (I had posted a couple weeks ago about the business class meal options).
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:32 pm

My past experience with special meals is that they are no diff from economy.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by luv_flying
My past experience with special meals is that they are no diff from economy.
This. They may plate it in nice Suites chinaware for you.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

I won't book a special meal then as in my experience they are normally dreadful. I'll hope to be able to find something on the in-flight menu that's gluten free and take my own bread to eat with it. It's a shame they don't have any allergy information for their BTC meals online.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by mr_moon
Thanks for the replies.

I won't book a special meal then as in my experience they are normally dreadful. I'll hope to be able to find something on the in-flight menu that's gluten free and take my own bread to eat with it. It's a shame they don't have any allergy information for their BTC meals online.
If you need the allegen information, I'm sure you can call someone who would be able to advise you. You can also request for the menu on your flight beforehand.

As a suites passenger, no demand is too difficult.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
You can see the standard menu when you go to the option of selecting your meals under manage my booking
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thanks for the replies.

I'm gluten intolerant too. But honestly most GFML meals are awful. You may stick with rice -- like the chicken rice and just bring your own soya sauce with gluten. Or else you may specify the beef and when on board just tell the crew to hold the sauce.

GFML are specific. I usually bring my own food... even in premium cabins.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone, so I emailed Singapore Airlines asking if they had the allergen information available for the Book The Cook menu for Suites passengers from SYD-SIN. They replied saying....

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your request. You may see our 'Book the cook' menu for our Suites and First class passengers out of Sydney via this link: http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...c-menu-sydney/

In addition, If you are allergic to some food items and its derivatives in the 'book the cook' menu. You may also check out our special meas/dietary meals on http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../specialmeals/

We hope that the above information helps with your request.

Feel free to write back to us if you need further and immediate assistance.
So that was pretty useless. I've replied...

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping you had the allergen information for the Book The Cook meals? I want to avoid booking a special meal if at all possible as these have always been extremely disappointing meals in the past.

So I'll see what happens next. Disappointing so far. For all British Airways many faults they are much better in this area. Whenever I fly First with BA I'll email asking for this information and they'll send it over for the in-flight menu. I then know how much of my own food I need to take with me.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Another update for those interested...

They've replied again...

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your query, unfortunately we do not have any allergen information for book the cook meals.

For any meal requirements due to dietary or religious reasons, you can only choose it from our special meals.
Seems crazy that they don't know what ingredients their meals contain. Not really sure what to do now! Pretty poor service for Suites Class.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:25 am

Is there a specific allergy you wish to know about ?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Is there a specific allergy you wish to know about ?
Hi, yes I want to avoid gluten.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If you want to make one more attempt, be very specific in your request ... pick 2 or 3 items from the BTC menu and ask them if they could check with catering if they contain gluten products.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
If you want to make one more attempt, be very specific in your request ... pick 2 or 3 items from the BTC menu and ask them if they could check with catering if they contain gluten products.
Good idea thanks, I've given that a try! Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:46 am

Good idea thanks, I've given that a try! Fingers crossed.
Hey, did you get any further insight into this. Looking for my wife who has celiac... don't want her to get stuck with a crap chicken and rice meal!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.