Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Scoot moves closer to SIA in economy class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE

Interesting article stating how Scoot has overtaken Silkair and is about a third as big as national carrier in the economy class market.
Some good analysis from OAG data to support the article.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...-economy-class
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Interesting, but not really anything new to those of us who have been watching the aviation market of Singapore over the last few years. If you look at statements like:
According to industry consultancy OAG, Scoot will this year offer close to 7.5 million seats - more than three times the seats it offered in 2014.
Whilst I am sure it is technically correct, does this take into account Scoot absorbing Tiger, starting with the formation of a single holding company for both carriers in 2016? It is a poor analysis that completely makes no mention of this. I imagine they could not say "Scoot will this year offer close to 7.5 million seats - more than three times the seats it and Tiger offered in 2014". The doubling of Scoot economy seats from 2016 to 2017 (from 3.7million to 7.5 million), with only a 9% increase in ScootBiz from 2016 to 2017 gives a clue as to the impact of the absorption of Tiger by the brand.

Also this statement is also misleading :
[In just five years, Scoot, which operates medium-and long-haul flights, has not only overtaken
Umm, it also operates short haul flights now too ....
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Whilst I am sure it is technically correct, does this take into account Scoot absorbing Tiger, starting with the formation of a single holding company for both carriers in 2016? It is a poor analysis that completely makes no mention of this.
Typical words of wisdom from these newspaper aviation "analysts". Same story with the SCMP's reporting of CX.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Typical words of wisdom from these newspaper aviation "analysts". Same story with the SCMP's reporting of CX.
Extremely poorly written article from ST's chief aviation analyst and article has no analysis on how it will affect SIA. The huge increase was due to absorbing Tiger into its operation.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by nocturne14
Extremely poorly written article from ST's chief aviation analyst and article has no analysis on how it will affect SIA. The huge increase was due to absorbing Tiger into its operation.
You expected proper fair analysis and through, accurate journalism from The Straits Times? Not going to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.