Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Awards Devaluation, Online Star Alliance Awards & New Service Fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Awards Devaluation, Online Star Alliance Awards & New Service Fees

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Why should SQ have a more attractive *A award chart to entice its members to book partner awards?
LOYALTY Plus many other factors
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Can anyone confirm/deny this for me...

I'll be able to do it myself once the online system gets up and running but, based on the one time I called and found that she had very different availability than I could find online I started wondering.

With SQ letting basically 0 long haul J/F space out to any * partners, do those partners return that favor and shut SQ out of space? I was only looking for Y but when I called she couldn't find ANY of the AC Y space I could see on EF/AP/UA. I'm holding on 55k in KF miles, and while this deval hasn't really affected me, I wonder how hard it'll be to redeem these 55 (or maybe 60 going forward) to find a flight YVR-EZE or something like that if it's largely gonna be AC based, and, how brutal the YQ might be on that via AC or UA.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
LOYALTY Plus many other factors
SQ has a LOYALTY program because they are looking for people that are keen to fly SQ again and again. A good LOYALTY program sets incentives to book more and more expensive tickets.

Offering cheap redemption rates on other *A programs might not actually achieve that.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Can you book partner awards for someone who is not a nominee?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Can you book partner awards for someone who is not a nominee?
Negative.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by lokijuh
In the grand scheme of things when you're spending that much on an F award, $35* or 2500 pts is still fairly trivial.
* telling it as it is for Singaporeans
I never find any amount of money trivial (as is my personal mindset when saving and spending), more so I ask "Is it worth spending this, regardless of price?". It is true that in the grand scheme of things if you look at the F award as a free ticket the US$25 isn't that bad, but if I could save it, I still would (call it my stingy Asian parent upbringing).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by gba
I'm curious, what types of award changes will trigger a re-price? Change in date? Change in origin/destination? Change in routing?
I have the same question - anyone know the answer to this?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mkt80
I have the same question - anyone know the answer to this?
Just got off the phone with SQ and was told that since *any change* to Star Alliance award tickets require the ticket to be re-issued, the prevailing conditions (i.e. award chart) at the time would apply. If anyone has heard any different, please chime in. The rep I spoke to sounded pretty certain about this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Availability

I'm wondering if there'll be the same tit-for-tat "invisible" inventory eg. if I'm on MileagePlus I can't see much SQ inventory but I sometimes can on other *A sites. If I'm on KrisFlyer will I equally miss out on UA inventory?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
Just got off the phone with SQ and was told that since *any change* to Star Alliance award tickets require the ticket to be re-issued, the prevailing conditions (i.e. award chart) at the time would apply. If anyone has heard any different, please chime in. The rep I spoke to sounded pretty certain about this.
would like confirmation on this too
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
would like confirmation on this too
I've been getting conflicting info re changes to existing *A award tickets. Trying to make last-minute changes to two tickets so been calling them lots. Asked three agents over the past 24 hours - two said only the fees would increase, not the mileage whereas one said the mileage would increase as per the new chart (at 12/7 midnight Singapore local time). The latter is consistent with what I was told by a rep a few days ago. I plan on confirming one ticket today before the deadline and will likely have to wait to confirm the other, so I'll report back on the increase, if any.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I wanted to redeem the many SQ miles I have on LH F class tickets for FEB and MARCH travel, but the problem LH opens the seats to other star alliance members 14 days in advance
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
the star alliance search tool seems to be up, but i don't think its working at the moment, doesn't show any availability at all
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:33 am

I'm trying to book an award flight on united for 1/6, ord to ogg with no luck using the tool...over the phone they want the 150 fee....what should I do?? is the tool broken?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:20 pm

I would wait one more day before raising alarm bells; There may be an issue with the roll-out related to everyone being in December 7th (the official start date or online Star Alliance booking).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.