Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How is the LAX-ICN flight in Business class?

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:09 am
Original Poster

I just booked the LAX-ICN in J after using miles to upgrade from Prem. Econ.
I've flown J or F a few times in cathay, JAL, and KAL, but I'm flying SQ for the first time and I'm curious how others have liked this flight in the past.

I believe that this flight is always serviced by the new business class in 777-300ER--is that correct?
I also noticed that I can "book the cook," which sounds a lot cooler than what I'd expect in business class, although I am not sure how the food will taste.

There are 10 options on the BTC menu, so I'm not sure what will be good.
It also seems from other threads that there will be no amenities given out, which isn't a big deal, but I guess I'll have to bring my own.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
You'll like it. SQ J is great on all routes.
Tomaus likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:37 pm

I think the Book the cook option out from USA would be quite limited compared to ex-SIN.
Food is very good I feel.

The seat and service are excellent but note that the seat does not have an "auto" lie flat.
If u want the seat to be lie flat, a FA would make the bed for u.
Sometimes if there is an open seat nearby, the FA can make the open seat into a bed so u wouldnt need to get out of your current seat.

IFE is top notch much better than KE/JL.

There is no amenity kit unfortunately.
dkjb3t4 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
I think the Book the cook option out from USA would be quite limited compared to ex-SIN.
Food is very good I feel.

The seat and service are excellent but note that the seat does not have an "auto" lie flat.
If u want the seat to be lie flat, a FA would make the bed for u.
Sometimes if there is an open seat nearby, the FA can make the open seat into a bed so u wouldnt need to get out of your current seat.

IFE is top notch much better than KE/JL.

There is no amenity kit unfortunately.
Thanks.

What is IFE?

Amenity kit is not a big deal I guess. I can bring my own for the few things I want to bring.
The hard products seem a lot better than KE/JL's business.

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Nov 8, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
Thanks.

What is IFE?
In Flight Entertainment: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php
dkjb3t4 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:32 pm

I do SIN-LAX 4-5x a year return either via NRT or ICN. I’ve tried ANA once and I didn’t find it anywhere near as good as SQ.

Foodwise, it’s ok leaving LAX. I usually go for a steak in J, the steamed crab ravioli is delicious but the portion is very small. Although saying this, it’s like a 5 course meal so small isn’t a bad thing.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
You'll like it. SQ J is great on all routes.
...except those brutal "sleeper service" red-eyes operated by the 333/772.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.