Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SQ products

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Here we go. Sam Chui at the launch and looking at the First And Business products-

Last edited by spizzy; Nov 2, 2017 at 5:01 am
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Suites looks like private jet compartments. I like it! Yes it looks a bit bland but there are plenty of space! I think that is what SIA is trying to emulate. If you add Krug, First Class meals/BTC, excellent SIA service I think it would be fantastic.

If you think about it, most people who flies current A380 Suites, because of the low of people flying anyway, you can have your own seat plus asking for another Suite and make it to bed, and you just travel between the two for sitting and sleeping. They are better off making it all in a room. The only negative is no way to have 2 people dining together.

Business Class looks good but still have the issue of the foot cubby positioning. Obviously they are increasing the number of J seats to make it more economic. I would not be surprised is slight more J Savers are available on these aircraft.

Premium Economy and Economy I haven't really been to much, but the NFC reader would be good for future proofing as well as great for paying for Wifi ....

I think J, PE and Y seating innovation is near the end .... most have similar seats anyway. It will be the service that would make the difference, which is where SQ still excels.

I look forward to Suites on SQ232 in January. Not sure how long I should be sleeping and sitting on the day flight
chrisny2 and terbangalways like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:03 am

That lady did not look comfortable lying down in the Business Class seat in the above video. IMO.
JasperT likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:09 am

http://milelion.com/2017/11/02/milel...abin-products/
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
From the pics, the F bed has seriously bad feng shui. Call me superstitious but I do not want to be sleeping with my feet facing the door - like a corpse waiting to be wheeled out of the mortuary.

And echoing OP - why do I pay F prices for me and my partner to sit apart when dining. Do I have to reach over our bed to try his Wedgwood plated entree?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:34 am

Did SQ use dentists for their focus groups? I can't imagine any seasoned travelers liking this F cabin and being ok with the lack of companion dining.

- Why didn't they use the design from DCA International? It was stunning with private door-ed J suites and a super elegant F lobby/lounge and seating.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/concept-des...business-class

Pierrejean's concepts were so much classier.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...eases-concepts

- Swivel office chair is like the old AA F. Super slow electronic swivel is disappointing.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Nov 2, 2017 at 5:56 am
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:42 am

Any clue on when would the soft products be onboard for suites? I'd flying suites in late November and would be pleased to see the new products onboard by then!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:48 am

We fly SQ J as we love the look of the wide seats and didn’t mind the shorter legroom as we tend to sleep by our sides and curl up ... disappointing that the seats narrowed without extra legroom space. Other than the possibility of converting to a ‘double’ bedroom, the J does feels like a downgrade.

The finish of the Suite is not wow enough to cause any ‘pain’ that we don’t get to fly it in December ... sleeping with your legs facing the door is a big mistake (fengshui wise).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:57 am

Call me nostalgic, but I really liked F in the nose of a 744.

Being able to look out 3-4 windows next to your seat was wonderful – especially when the scenery outside was exceptional.

Plus, I prefer the spacious feel of the entire F cabin – rather than being enclosed in a claustrophobic box. The FAs could look across the cabin and tell in an instant if you needed something – rather than having to peek into your cabin periodically.

And lastly, people-watching in an open-format F cabin is a remarkable study in human behavior. One of the great joys of dining in a fine restaurant is being able to glance around at other people.

I guess it's just a sign of the times – where people are becoming more and more isolated.
kittiyut, SQ319, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:16 am

It's a poor design when I'm more excited about the new Delta One Suites (which actually have doors), than the new SQ J and F.

SQ really missed an opportunity here. Disappointing.
spizzy likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by duomono
We fly SQ J as we love the look of the wide seats and didn’t mind the shorter legroom as we tend to sleep by our sides and curl up ... disappointing that the seats narrowed without extra legroom space. Other than the possibility of converting to a ‘double’ bedroom, the J does feels like a downgrade.

The finish of the Suite is not wow enough to cause any ‘pain’ that we don’t get to fly it in December ... sleeping with your legs facing the door is a big mistake (fengshui wise).
Originally Posted by macabus
Call me nostalgic, but I really liked F in the nose of a 744.

Being able to look out 3-4 windows next to your seat was wonderful – especially when the scenery outside was exceptional.

Plus, I prefer the spacious feel of the entire F cabin – rather than being enclosed in a claustrophobic box. The FAs could look across the cabin and tell in an instant if you needed something – rather than having to peek into your cabin periodically.

And lastly, people-watching in an open-format F cabin is a remarkable study in human behavior. One of the great joys of dining in a fine restaurant is being able to glance around at other people.

I guess it's just a sign of the times – where people are becoming more and more isolated.
Miss the 747 & large windows .

Now the J seats seem a tad too narrow , a couple of inches wider would have been appreciated .

But since one won ‘ t be able to look out of the small windows while lying in bed in F , there is little incentive to fly F for me but stay with J most flights .
If I have chosen not to be in F in the current 380s because the A & F seats are not available , it will be similar now or actually worse . Need to ( face forward & ) be able to look out at all times !
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:54 am

Looking at TPG's review, it looks like the J seats retained the odd leg angle?

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/sin...usiness-class/
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Did SQ use dentists for their focus groups? I can't imagine any seasoned travelers liking this F cabin and being ok with the lack of companion dining.

- Why didn't they use the design from DCA International? It was stunning with private door-ed J suites and a super elegant F lobby/lounge and seating.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/concept-des...business-class

Pierrejean's concepts were so much classier.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...eases-concepts

- Swivel office chair is like the old AA F. Super slow electronic swivel is disappointing.
Completely agree.

Suites just confuses me. With all the space that the designers could work with, the utilization of space within each suite seems poor.

Business is where I find it hard to believe that SQ could take a revolutionary product, double down on its biggest flaws, and introducing nothing new. It seems like management made a conscious decision to go high-density J in tacit acceptance that yields are not going to recover to levels seen in the pre-2007 days. Solo travelers would be wise to avoid the middle seats.

The color scheme is just hideous for F and J. Taking a PEY color scheme and slapping it on your premium cabins screams cheap to me. Suites looks more like an office conference room than an warm, inviting room.

This is beyond disappointing. I find it unbelievable that SQ spent four years designing a Suites product that, at best, is a more spacious version of EY Apartments, and a J product that seems more like an evolution in the wrong direction.

SQ missed an incredible opportunity here to best EY Apartments and QSuites. Come on, SIA. You can do better.
kittiyut likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I like the looks of those suites a lot. But the double bed feature in J seems ... well ... odd. It looks like they were in the end stages when someone said "QR has double beds in J. We've got to have them as well."
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I like the looks of those suites a lot. But the double bed feature in J seems ... well ... odd. It looks like they were in the end stages when someone said "QR has double beds in J. We've got to have them as well."
I have never flown on QR J double beds. However, SQ current and new F & J are not exactly 'double beds". There is always that divider that was covered up with blanket.

In addition, the new bulkhead J seat has got a huge curved divider sticking out at the leg part. And whats up with the cubby foot hole in the remaining J ?!?

Really disappointed with its new J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.