Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SQ products

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: Accor Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by SMK77
I did check with two people and SQ will not lose a single Asian passenger over your claim.

You can always fly Business and you won't have any issues.
Some of the Business bulkhead seats are going to be right next to the exit doors.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I know very little about fengshui but since we are on that topic ... someone can correct me here, but ideally you should not sleep with your head facing the window (eg at home, in your own bedroom, never place the bedhead against the window wall) .. true/false/indifferent? Regardless, I doubt many would care about fengshui for a plane etc/.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Is it just me not seeing it or the seat in the suite doesn't even have a leg rest? Overall, very disappointing that SQ spent 4 years to come up with such an impressive product. Once again, they missed a key opportunity to be the leader in luxury travel.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:12 am

I am booked in Suites SIN-ZRH next April - must say I'm excited that the SIN-ZRH will still be the old suites class, since I'm traveling with a companion and neither of us have experienced it before. Eating with your companion doesn't seem as much fun in this new version.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:43 pm

Seems the feedback here have been overwhelmingly underwhelming.

I agree.

My reaction to the suites is that of wasted decadence. What's the point of the swivel chair anyway - once the novelty of the first swivel goes off, not like there are plenty of 3 year olds who'd go round and round throughout the flight? As for decor, we want a luxurious airplane experience, not that of a plaza premium lounge / 4-star hotel room decor.

As for business class, I've personally never had a problem with the "wide" 2007 seat... in fact prefer that to the 2013 version as it's more comfy. These evolutions have been for the worse I feel.
kittiyut and FlyerEC like this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
My reaction to the suites is that of wasted decadence. What's the point of the swivel chair anyway - once the novelty of the first swivel goes off, not like there are plenty of 3 year olds who'd go round and round throughout the flight? As for decor, we want a luxurious airplane experience, not that of a plaza premium lounge / 4-star hotel room decor.
Can you tell me your idea of 'luxurious airplane experience'. Is that gold and bling and showers and bars?

I have now close to 150 flights in Suites/First under my belt and I am very excited about this launch:

The issue of enclosed suites is that they feel claustrophobic: Emirates is a good example and I even think that the old SQ Suites feel a touch too tight. The New Suites don't confine me to an enclosed seat they give me room and here very much literally: like in a Private Jet it's no longer about the seat, it's about giving you space to be as comfortable as possible and give you options:

Bed and Swivel Chair let you go back and forth between working, lounging, sleeping and eating with no disturbance.

The seat is actually more sophistacated than what people get at first sight: You can start with the position facing the windows and enjoy the view while eating/drinking/reading. You can turn around to watch TV or deploy the table for a serious working station or a full table setting. You can also go into the traditional front-facing or rear-facing position and enjoy a view out of the window you are used to.

Have a look at this video starting at 2:40

chrisny2, kittiyut, Ex-SIN and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Is that gold and bling and showers and bars?
People will probably whinge about the lack of an amenity kit
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Bed and Swivel Chair let you go back and forth between working, lounging, sleeping and eating with no disturbance.

The seat is actually more sophistacated than what people get at first sight: You can start with the position facing the windows and enjoy the view while eating/drinking/reading. You can turn around to watch TV or deploy the table for a serious working station or a full table setting. You can also go into the traditional front-facing or rear-facing position and enjoy a view out of the window you are used to.
I think you make a very good point. I think the colour scheme is a bit too grey and office-like for my taste, would have been nice to see some warmer shades. Maybe it seems less sterile in person than in the publicity photos. It certainly doesn't wow me in the way that some of the rejected designs shown at AusBT did, and I'm actually quite glad I didn't make an impulse purchase of a ticket last week (there was a sale on F, about 20% off).

My feeling is that this is better than the old Suites for longer journeys - much more room to get up and move around, great to have a separate bed and chair - but I would prefer traditional Suites for a shorter flight like SIN-SYD where there's not really enough time to benefit from the space. With SQ221 you have a meal, go straight to bed, wake up and have a quick breakfast.

So I'll wait till it rolls out onto the LHR route before spending insanely large amounts of money!
davidj1 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by onlySIA
So I'll wait till it rolls out onto the LHR route before spending insanely large amounts of money!
Not comment from SIA on this? I wonder if there are price rises? Modest rises would still be worth it. Perhaps in the range of the Etihad hotel?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by fly747first
Is it just me not seeing it or the seat in the suite doesn't even have a leg rest? Overall, very disappointing that SQ spent 4 years to come up with such an impressive product. Once again, they missed a key opportunity to be the leader in luxury travel.
I didn't like the seat in the suite either. I looked at First and Business and thought I'd be quite happy in business.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SQ319
Since it is a stand alone seat in Suites which can swivel, I wonder if you can choose your take-off or landing position.
Existing swivel seats I've flown have had to be locked into a certain position for takeoff and landing.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Concordeflyer
Correct me if I am wrong it looks like no arm rest in sitting position.
There are , can be folded in when not in use
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
The suites may fit the criteria of most people who choose to fly Suites on Singapore Airlines, a decent bed for rest and a comfortable chair to lounge on.

I agree its pretty underwhelming and correct me if I am wrong but the positioning of the chair and table does not seem to offer an option for both passengers to dine together in one suite. Whats the point of offering a double bed and the ability to combine two suites together without the option of dining together in one suite?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Such a shame about the cubby hole being retained on the J seat. After having a miserable night on the A350, I will now only book J on SQ if the bulkhead is available, which is rarely the case given when I need to make most of my reservations. Looks I'll be suffering the same booking constraint on the new A380 as well. The new Suite is not for me either. I much prefer an open cabin design.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
I also feel that the Suites and Business Class seats are a major disappointment.

The Suites with PEY style chair has its own limitation as compared to the ones found on Etihad Airways.

As for the Business Class seats, I really hate the pulling of the side support.It means a little more to think about when flying on SQ business class and all the bells and whistles one needs to know about the seat.

I am also not sure why SQ has become so obsessed with the colour orange that they have to add this to the business class seats.

Overall a major disappointment.
FlyerEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.