Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ upgrade using Aegean Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

SQ upgrade using Aegean Miles

I'm *A Gold with Aegean and have many points to use. Am looking to fly SIN-HKG on SQ2 (777-300ER) or SQ868 (777-200) and would like to know the chances of being awarded an upgrade on each of these flights. Will the chance vary depending on aircraft, or is purely on seat availability? Note that the SQ website shows Business reward seat availability for SQ868, but not for SQ2.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:31 am

In order to upgrade like that you need to hold a full-fare Y ticket, and then call A3 to ask for an upgrade. Not worth at all.

If there is J availability you are better off to just book that with miles. However, such availability should be confirmed first on UA's or AC's website, since SQ does not normally release J award space on all aircrafts and all *A programs. Again, call A3 to book.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:16 am

It may be possible on one or two other fare classes as well.... but they too will be very expensive economy fares. Look up "Star Alliance Upgrades'...I suspect you will also reach the conclusion that they are very poor value...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trooper
It may be possible on one or two other fare classes as well.... but they too will be very expensive economy fares. Look up "Star Alliance Upgrades'...I suspect you will also reach the conclusion that they are very poor value...
The UA thread on this topic How to upgrade with UA miles on Star Alliance carriers
The basic requirement & procedure will be the similar.
You need an (expensive) base fare.

Edit
From another thread Star Alliance Upgrades
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I assume you are asking about upgrading with M&M miles.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002 see under 4.3.

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO, LX and SN are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.
On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
Adria Airways (JP) A, E, G, K, L, O, Q, S, V, W
Austrian Airlines Group (OS) E, K, L, T
Croatia Airlines (OU) A, E, F, J, K, L, T, O, U
SWISS (LX) E, K, L
Air Dolomiti (EN) E, K, L
LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, N, T
On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, M, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
Lufthansa (LH) K, L, N, P, T, Z
Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, N, T

Upgrades on Air Canada (AC), Aegean Airlines (A3), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), EgyptAir (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA Air (BR), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK), Singapore Airlines (SQ), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways International (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United (UA) are possible from Economy booking classes Y and B (on BR additionally K; on CA also W; on ET also G and S; on SK and SQ also S; on NH also E; on NZ also O and U; on ZH additionally M and H). If a First Class is available, upgrades from Business booking classes C and D are possible on these airlines (on SQ also J and Z; on NH and UA also J).
And
Star Alliance upgrades--real or bs?
Star Alliance Upgrade Fare Y & B Only?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 29, 2017 at 2:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.