FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1872458-why-sq-call-centers-worst-industry-now.html)

Kat007 Oct 17, 2017 6:54 am

Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

I remember those days when SQ agents even call you back if a call got dropped, were very polite and efficient. Past few years had changed SQ culture completely: clueless agents, who cannot do anything right and are in a hurry to hung up. And when a survey option is available, they don`t hung up, so you cannot even rate that underperformance. When asking for a manager, no manager is available at a desk - never.
Hello, SQ, replace your useless agents!

merridius Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

4 days after there is a whole thread praising the call centre :D

24left Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 28942274)
I remember those days when SQ agents even call you back if a call got dropped, were very polite and efficient. Past few years had changed SQ culture completely: clueless agents, who cannot do anything right and are in a hurry to hung up. And when a survey option is available, they don`t hung up, so you cannot even rate that underperformance. When asking for a manager, no manager is available at a desk - never.

Originally Posted by merridius (Post 28942540)
4 days after there is a whole thread praising the call centre :D

Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but the other thread "Credit where credit is due: SQ KF contact centre" mentioned SQ KF. OP here mentions SQ. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...ct-centre.html

Are there different call centres for the airline and the KF and PPS program members?

As for SQ, there is another thread on the forum where posters mention how good the SQ call centre was when it was handled/based in Singapore.

My calls over the past year lead me to their offshore in Cebu. The agents are friendly enough, pleasant, and they read off a script (as with most call centres for airlines or telcos or banks etc).

If you want to change seats or order BTC etc, no problem.

As them a questions not on their script, some stumble and need to get a supervisor. Others have their wits about them and can provide an answer - or know how to get one.

So, to OP I would say, do like the rest of us with all the other airlines we deal with, manage or lower your expectations.

While there are gems in the call centres we all deal with, these are not high-paying jobs and that's partly why everyone has shipped them offshore.

plc44 Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am

It worked okay yesterday for me, after an hour hold time they were able to quickly and efficiently price out CDG-SIN-SGN in Suites/Business

Kat007 Oct 17, 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28942608)
t

As for SQ, there is another thread on the forum where posters mention how good the SQ call centre was when it was handled/based in Singapore.

So, to OP I would say, do like the rest of us with all the other airlines we deal with, manage or lower your expectations.

While there are gems in the call centres we all deal with, these are not high-paying jobs and that's partly why everyone has shipped them offshore.

Yes, when residents of Singapore worked there (maybe some Malays, too) in Singapore, call center was just fine.

Lower expectation? When it comes to SQ call centers (and yes, they are located outside of Singapore now), they hit the bottom already.

I don`t know why they can`t fix this issue. But again, if those sneaky agents don`t hung up for you to complete a survey, managers are in a tough position to monitor.

Kat007 Oct 17, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by plc44 (Post 28942770)
It worked okay yesterday for me, after an hour hold time

:p:p

plc44 Oct 17, 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 28942829)
:p:p

that's why i said okay!!!! They were very efficient when they were actually on the phone! :D

Phaze Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Not the worst. That goes to Etihad. SQ comes in a close second. I had the same 1 hour wait time issue a couple of days ago when trying to cancel a booking.

davidj1 Oct 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Come on guys, lets give credit where credit is due and not forget about Qantas and their amazing service.

Qantas passenger's 15-hour call wait - ...
https://amp.news.com.au/travel/trave...48076f3bb448f6

Los_Pepes Oct 17, 2017 5:08 pm

I booked a Premium Economy ticket to JFK and called 12 hours later to cancel. After a little bit of a wait I was assured I would get refunded the full amount pursuant to their T&Cs. Sure enough the charge posts the next day minus a $650 fee. Got nowhere with subsequent calls and finally had to call amex to dispute.

mapleg Oct 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 28942274)

Your title is Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

I assume then that you have called all other Call Centers run by airlines to reach this conclusion?

davidj1 Oct 18, 2017 1:51 am

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 28944783)
Your title is Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

I assume then that you have called all other Call Centers run by airlines to reach this conclusion?

Now now, lets not get facts get in the way of a good SIA bashing.

Kat007 Oct 18, 2017 4:07 am

It is just beyond me how the corporate can let this happen considering that other areas (well, some locations have bad ground staff, but Book the Cook options and very good service from flight attendants are above many airlines).

Why hire dumb agents, or just hire agents and don`t train them? Not sure which one applies there.

lokijuh Oct 18, 2017 4:08 am

Probably also worth a call to MH to see if they are worse. The MH forum on flyertalk has its fair share of call centre horror stories too. And let's not talk about Scoot ...

Phaze Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 28946249)
It is just beyond me how the corporate can let this happen considering that other areas (well, some locations have bad ground staff, but Book the Cook options and very good service from flight attendants are above many airlines).

Why hire dumb agents, or just hire agents and don`t train them? Not sure which one applies there.

They can let it happen because nothing is ultimately affected. People aren't going to stop flying SQ just because their call centres are manned by braindead idiots or their training procedures are fundamentally flawed.