Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

I remember those days when SQ agents even call you back if a call got dropped, were very polite and efficient. Past few years had changed SQ culture completely: clueless agents, who cannot do anything right and are in a hurry to hung up. And when a survey option is available, they don`t hung up, so you cannot even rate that underperformance. When asking for a manager, no manager is available at a desk - never.
Hello, SQ, replace your useless agents!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
4 days after there is a whole thread praising the call centre
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Kat007
I remember those days when SQ agents even call you back if a call got dropped, were very polite and efficient. Past few years had changed SQ culture completely: clueless agents, who cannot do anything right and are in a hurry to hung up. And when a survey option is available, they don`t hung up, so you cannot even rate that underperformance. When asking for a manager, no manager is available at a desk - never.
Originally Posted by merridius
4 days after there is a whole thread praising the call centre

Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but the other thread "Credit where credit is due: SQ KF contact centre" mentioned SQ KF. OP here mentions SQ. Credit where credit is due: SQ KF contact centre

Are there different call centres for the airline and the KF and PPS program members?

As for SQ, there is another thread on the forum where posters mention how good the SQ call centre was when it was handled/based in Singapore.

My calls over the past year lead me to their offshore in Cebu. The agents are friendly enough, pleasant, and they read off a script (as with most call centres for airlines or telcos or banks etc).

If you want to change seats or order BTC etc, no problem.

As them a questions not on their script, some stumble and need to get a supervisor. Others have their wits about them and can provide an answer - or know how to get one.

So, to OP I would say, do like the rest of us with all the other airlines we deal with, manage or lower your expectations.

While there are gems in the call centres we all deal with, these are not high-paying jobs and that's partly why everyone has shipped them offshore.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
It worked okay yesterday for me, after an hour hold time they were able to quickly and efficiently price out CDG-SIN-SGN in Suites/Business
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
t

As for SQ, there is another thread on the forum where posters mention how good the SQ call centre was when it was handled/based in Singapore.

So, to OP I would say, do like the rest of us with all the other airlines we deal with, manage or lower your expectations.

While there are gems in the call centres we all deal with, these are not high-paying jobs and that's partly why everyone has shipped them offshore.
Yes, when residents of Singapore worked there (maybe some Malays, too) in Singapore, call center was just fine.

Lower expectation? When it comes to SQ call centers (and yes, they are located outside of Singapore now), they hit the bottom already.

I don`t know why they can`t fix this issue. But again, if those sneaky agents don`t hung up for you to complete a survey, managers are in a tough position to monitor.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plc44
It worked okay yesterday for me, after an hour hold time
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
that's why i said okay!!!! They were very efficient when they were actually on the phone!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:09 pm

Not the worst. That goes to Etihad. SQ comes in a close second. I had the same 1 hour wait time issue a couple of days ago when trying to cancel a booking.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Come on guys, lets give credit where credit is due and not forget about Qantas and their amazing service.

Qantas passenger's 15-hour call wait - ...
https://amp.news.com.au/travel/trave...48076f3bb448f6
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:08 pm

I booked a Premium Economy ticket to JFK and called 12 hours later to cancel. After a little bit of a wait I was assured I would get refunded the full amount pursuant to their T&Cs. Sure enough the charge posts the next day minus a $650 fee. Got nowhere with subsequent calls and finally had to call amex to dispute.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Your title is Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

I assume then that you have called all other Call Centers run by airlines to reach this conclusion?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by mapleg
Your title is Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?

I assume then that you have called all other Call Centers run by airlines to reach this conclusion?
Now now, lets not get facts get in the way of a good SIA bashing.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

It is just beyond me how the corporate can let this happen considering that other areas (well, some locations have bad ground staff, but Book the Cook options and very good service from flight attendants are above many airlines).

Why hire dumb agents, or just hire agents and don`t train them? Not sure which one applies there.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Probably also worth a call to MH to see if they are worse. The MH forum on flyertalk has its fair share of call centre horror stories too. And let's not talk about Scoot ...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:38 pm

It is just beyond me how the corporate can let this happen considering that other areas (well, some locations have bad ground staff, but Book the Cook options and very good service from flight attendants are above many airlines).

Why hire dumb agents, or just hire agents and don`t train them? Not sure which one applies there.
They can let it happen because nothing is ultimately affected. People aren't going to stop flying SQ just because their call centres are manned by braindead idiots or their training procedures are fundamentally flawed.
davidj1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.