Wiki Posts
Search

Finding * Alliance award availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Finding * Alliance award availability

Hi, am trying to find which is the easiest way to find award availability for * alliance airlines. Any suggestions please?
Was suggested by a friend to get a membership on expert flyer and search by each segment. Looking for a less painful way.
Am looking for award availability mainly between Europe and Asia.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:45 am

United website is a good starting point.

Once you've found what you think works out, then you can verify on the ANA website.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:31 am

United is the best when it comes to the search Star Alliance.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kat007
United is the best when it comes to the search Star Alliance.
Although for some airlines the awards seats UA can access doesn't match with what Krisflyer can access, therefore just because you see availability on United booking engine it doesn't always mean that Krisflyer will have the same availability! But it's at least a starting point ....
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:52 am

I like to cross reference United and Lifemiles search engines. Although when it comes to CA flights, it’s not certain SQ can see them even if it shows up on United’s website
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by worldrally
I like to cross reference United and Lifemiles search engines. Although when it comes to CA flights, it’s not certain SQ can see them even if it shows up on United’s website
not sure if you know but lifemile's engine has taken a turn for the worse recently with their new interface
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by merridius
not sure if you know but lifemile's engine has taken a turn for the worse recently with their new interface
Yes indeed. Actually just when they introduced the new interface, it was alright, showing the right availability with the number of seats remaining. Then it just went completely out of whack. The work around was choosing Columbia as the country option, which gives the old interface and the right results. I last used it 2 weeks ago so not sure if the website has changed any further.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any of UA, AC, or NH. It's debatable which of the three is currently most reliable. UA has issues with phantom availability and failure to display all multi-segment options. But you don't need to join the program to search on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.