Unique SQ Award Itineraries

Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Unique SQ Award Itineraries

I have a lot of Chase UR points that I could transfer to KF, and get me a decent ride in F (or hopefully Suites). I am US based, but I do not necessarily need to include the US as a starting or ending point.

Looking for any unique/crazy SQ routes that I could redeem, especially noting that I could add stopovers for $100 (after the first).

I am somewhat imaginative, but most of you FTers have much more experience than I with creativity!

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lamphs
I have a lot of Chase UR points that I could transfer to KF, and get me a decent ride in F (or hopefully Suites). I am US based, but I do not necessarily need to include the US as a starting or ending point.

Looking for any unique/crazy SQ routes that I could redeem, especially noting that I could add stopovers for $100 (after the first).

I am somewhat imaginative, but most of you FTers have much more experience than I with creativity!

Thanks in advance!
Assuming you are looking for SQ metal then the best value with the most number of stops would be USA-Australia/NZ. Options with 2 stops from USA (with an F cabin) would be:

JFK-FRA-SIN
SFO-HKG-SIN
LAX-ICN-SIN
LAX-NRT-SIN

So probably best to do a round the world to Australia/NZ using these. Alternatively if not interested in South Pacific region then visit somewhere in Asia and save on miles.

Last edited by pogonation; Oct 8, 2017 at 3:49 pm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pogonation
Assuming you are looking for SQ metal then the best value with the most number of stops would be USA-Australia/NZ. Options with 2 stops from USA (with an F cabin) would be:

JFK-FRA-SIN
SFO-HKG-SIN
LAX-ICN-SIN
LAX-NRT-SIN

So probably best to do a round the world to Australia/NZ using these. Alternatively if not interested in South Pacific region then visit somewhere in Asia and save on miles.
This all sounds good to me, including the Australia/New Zealand option. (IMHO, New Zealand is the most beautiful country in the world and Sydney one of the most spectacular cities.) As you've already noted, you're interested in the 380 suites. I'd maximize that to the extent possible, as it really is a special experience (not that "ordinary" SQ F is anything to sneeze at).

One other thing I'd mention is to try to arrange your schedule to get at least one long transit through SIN. The airport itself is probably the easiest and most enjoyable big airport in the world to transit through, with lots of special features, most notably its butterfly garden. The SQ Private Room, a lounge within a lounge within a lounge, is very nice. And if your transit is quite long, the airport hotels within the airport are very decent places to park yourself.

This probably doesn't fit within your parameters of using your miles to fly SQ in style, but if you have enough miles and time you could fly to or from South Africa from SIN in J (try to get one of the two "bulkhead" rows for the roomier seats) and break up your JFK-FRA-SIN (or vice versa) trip by flying from Europe to South Africa on LH or preferably (for the better J seats) South African Air. I recommend it because Capetown and the Western Cape region there are so spectacular (as are, I've heard, the national parks with wildlife closer to JNB) if you go the right time of year. But again, it takes you out of your way and you'd have to put some time into South Africa to really appreciate it.

Oh, and if you do intend to stop off in any place for a considerable place of time, try to take likely weather into account in planning the trip.

Hope it all works out!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Another suggestion for US->AU/NZ. If you book all-SQ metal you should be work in at least one stopover along the way. You could do LAX-NRT (stopover)-SIN (long connection)-SYD.

You can also mix *A partners albeit at higher rates. With the SQ deval the rates aren't hugely different anymore. I recently booked AKL-SYD-SIN-NRT-SFO on NZ J/SQ Suites/SQ F/NH F with a 17 hour connection in SIN and 23:55 in Tokyo.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Another suggestion for US->AU/NZ. If you book all-SQ metal you should be work in at least one stopover along the way. You could do LAX-NRT (stopover)-SIN (long connection)-SYD.

You can also mix *A partners albeit at higher rates. With the SQ deval the rates aren't hugely different anymore. I recently booked AKL-SYD-SIN-NRT-SFO on NZ J/SQ Suites/SQ F/NH F with a 17 hour connection in SIN and 23:55 in Tokyo.
Good idea. I don't know how SQ routing rules work but actually a *A award would be much cheaper - 255k miles vs ~300k SQ metal only. 1 free stopover and 3 stopovers allowed at S$100 each.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.