KrisFlyer Award Hold

Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
I keep getting disconnected while I'm on hold with SQ to hold an award. First they hung up on me after 25 minutes, then I called back and got disconnected after a few minutes, now I got disconnected after 30 minutes. What the heck!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
I am a bit flabbergasted... I called again and after 50 minutes, talked to someone who said I can only put "seats on hold" (his exact words so possible he misunderstood my request?) if I have the points already in my account.

Small aside, I had selected option 1 for giving feedback once the call is over and I was about the let him have it but he would not hang up the phone after we said bye. Can agents know when the caller is due to give feedback?

Yes, I am HUCA right now, let's see how long I wait this time.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
my recent experience - I called on a Wednesday morning, put 2 tickets on hold for a business class trip from BUD>JFK. transferred points from Citi TYP within 1 day, called back, and they still had my reservation and we booked/confirmed it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: United Gold *G, Nexus/GE, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I was just able to put an award hold last night for saver J for SFO-SIN-CPT, 1 seat, for October 2019. I mentioned to the agent that I needed some time to transfer my miles from my Chase UR, and at first she extended the deadline to Monday 11/12. When I said that it might take up to a week or so, she ended up extending it to August 2019!

The space from SIN-JNB was very elusive. At first I used the search on the website which showed the saver J available, but when I tried to book it, the agent said the space suddenly disappeared. Fortunately she was able to find saver J space only 2 days before my original date.

I used Skype to dial the Singapore number, and was on hold for only 10 minutes or so. The agent was very helpful, patient, and accommodating.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:31 pm

I found award availability; wanted to transfer points from Chase UR. Very pleasant agent, but she told me that absolutely I could not hold an award while waiting for the points to transfer. I'm really stuck because it is unlikely that I'd have a use for the SQ FF program if I transferred the points and the award was no longer available. (And I looked -/+ 3 days with no availability.) I may HUACA. If I do, I'll report back.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lamphs
I found award availability; wanted to transfer points from Chase UR. Very pleasant agent, but she told me that absolutely I could not hold an award while waiting for the points to transfer. I'm really stuck because it is unlikely that I'd have a use for the SQ FF program if I transferred the points and the award was no longer available. (And I looked -/+ 3 days with no availability.) I may HUACA. If I do, I'll report back.
Reporting back. My points transferred in 5-1/2 hours from Chase UR to SQ. The SQ website was down. I called in and fortunately one seat, within a range of dates, was still available. I booked it without an additional phone charge (agent acknowledged that the website was down for maintenance).

That said, the pleasant agent reconfirmed that award holds are no longer available.

FYI - lesson learned in that I am used to booking through UA and AA. International flight charges generally include the mileage to get to the international point of departure. SQ does not - additional miles to get me to the point of departure are required; in other words I did not transfer enough miles for my connecting flight. I let it go in order to keep the main objective.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:32 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I was given a 5 day hold for an award a while back.

Will SQ give a hold when not enough miles are in the account though?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by helvetic
I was given a 5 day hold for an award a while back.

Will SQ give a hold when not enough miles are in the account though?
They did for me in December. Simple call, told them I wanted to transfer miles but could they hold a flight I saw online. Called back to ticket it once miles transferred. No phone fees were assessed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.