SQ346 A380 SIN-ZRH regular delays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Let's all boycott SQ! Let's go!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Davidj1, what is the aim of your post? How can we at FT resolve this for you? I think you should address this with SQ give them the stats and talk to them about your concerns and see what their response will be.
Many many FT threads would not exist if the premise is "how can we at FT resolve this?" This thread provides insight for those that may consider this flight.

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Let's all boycott SQ! Let's go!
Or avoid SQ346 flight @:-)
cowie and davidj1 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Happened to me once too. SQ 346 delayed about 1.5 hrs. The thing is, I was originally supposed to be on LX 179 SIN-ZRH, it was delayed about 8 hrs .... so I asked to be transferred to SQ. Still got there a good 4 or 5 hrs before LX.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by RIAH
I am mad. Nice way to end the holidays. Thank you Singapore Airlines for spoilng it. This company is not reliable.
To be honest this airline is quite reliable as compared to others.
I have experienced really good in-flight service, and some really bad ones on SQ.
But overall, is a not bad carrier. Just don't have much expectation. And hopefully they will lower down their prices to match the competition.

In regards to this flight, Yes this is a pattern and nothing else.
How could technical problems happen on a daily basis. Maybe they should change their technical crew? Or...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
How could technical problems happen on a daily basis. Maybe they should change their technical crew? Or...
If you look at flightaware it is not a daily basis. Last night's flight was the first to leave late for a week and the first to push back > 1 hr late since 9 Sep.

It does seem more problematic than most routes, in the last 3 months about 30% of the flights were more than 30 mins late in departing. On the more important statistic, 20% of flights were more than 15 mins late in arriving, and 14% more than 30 mins late in arriving.

A systematic problem, but certainly not a daily basis.
Jaunt411 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Doesn't it have to do with: A strict night-time curfew is in place at Zurich Airport. A ban on flights between 11:30 p.m. and 06:00 a.m. has been in force since 29 July 2010; the time between 11:00 p.m and 11:30 p.m. may only be used to reduce backlogs of delayed flights.
(info from Zurich Airport's website). So, if the route out of Singapore has tail wind the arrival into Zurich can be before 6am, which means they are not allowed to land. So in that case it is better to delay the flight in Singapore then to fly around or divert to another airport.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by sl00001
So, if the route out of Singapore has tail wind the arrival into Zurich can be before 6am, which means they are not allowed to land. So in that case it is better to delay the flight in Singapore then to fly around or divert to another airport.
Not really a factor when the scheduled arrival time is around 8am., particularly on westbound flights. SQ does pad their schedules a bit, but not to the extent of two hours.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by RIAH
This company is not reliable.
To be fair SIA usually is very punctual. This route however suffers many delays.

In the last week we only had 1 significant delay, which is better than the previous few weeks, so getting better.

Suggest those flying SIA to Europe and need to connect should fly to another hub such as FRA or MUN. Those that need to arrive in ZRH plan accordingly (ie likely delay).
Jaunt411 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by davidj1
Suggest those flying SIA to Europe and need to connect should fly to another hub such as FRA or MUN. Those that need to arrive in ZRH plan accordingly (ie likely delay).
Now i wish LX opens up its F space to non MM elites.
So we all can travel in style & less delay to ZRH
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Judging by the past few weeks, this route seems to have settled down to being punctual both leaving & arriving.

Wonder if anything changed to cause this, or if they just had a bad patch.

UPDATE ... just after I post this, on Sunday 08-OCT-2017 it departs at 8:03am, 6 hrs 38 mins late!

Last edited by Jaunt411; Oct 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.