Krisflyer waitlist questions

Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Krisflyer waitlist questions

1. If I book a confirmed HKG-SFO award for economy class, can I waitlist for business class on the same flight?
2. How many miles do I need to waitlist? (82000 for the full price, or 69700 with the 15% discount?) I am asking because I need to transfer over my AMEX points.
3. If I only have enough miles for one passenger, can I waitlist for 2 passengers on the same flight on two separate reservations? Then if the waitlist clears, would there be enough time to transfer AMEX points over to pay for the awards?

Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
1. Do the waitlist first before booking a confirmed ticket. You will need sufficient miles to do the waitlist.

2. You'll need the full mileage as there isnt any 15% discount anymore.

3. You should be able to. As in #1 , you need the full number of points before you can do a waitlist. So best to make all your waitlists before booking any confirmed ticket.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:19 am

I believe they only give you a day or so to ticket once your wait list clears. Transfers may not post in time as SQ doesn't allow instant transfers from any of the transfer partners. I know with Chase and Citi the transfer took 2-3 days.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
I believe they only give you a day or so to ticket once your wait list clears. Transfers may not post in time as SQ doesn't allow instant transfers from any of the transfer partners. I know with Chase and Citi the transfer took 2-3 days.
4 days. Which can be extended at their discretion.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replies. Here is what I plan to do.

1. Transfer 82000 mile from AMEX to Krisflyer.
2. Make 2 separate waitlist businss class reseravtions for 2 passengers, each will require 82000 points.
3. Make confirmed reservations for 2 economy class tickets (cost 66000 points).

If I get the waitlist tickets,
1. Deposit another 82000 miles to account
2. Change the tickets to business class tickets.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer
For reference I recently transferred miles from AMEX to Krisflyer - did the transfer Sunday night, they were there some time on Tuesday.

Good luck getting the waitlist
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by katye
2. Make 2 separate waitlist businss class reseravtions for 2 passengers, each will require 82000 points.
Do you mean make 2 separate waitlist for 1 passenger? A waitlist for 2 in J requires 164k.

Also, as an FYI, I waitlisted HKG-SFO in J last Oct for earlier this summer and it came through the day before flight.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:25 pm

Hence the word "each".
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
Hence the word "each".
Huh? "Each" refers to waitlist, not pax.

OP will initially deposit 82k (followed by another 82k IF/WHEN the waitlist clears).

How does OP make a waitlist for 2 paxs if "each" pax requires 82k totaling 164k? OP can't make the first waitlist for 2 pax nor can s/he make the second separate waitlist.

I think OP meant to state that he will make 2 separate waitlist for 1 pax, each (waitlist) will require 82k.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Question: I currently have an award booked for REP-SIN, but on an early flight? Is there a process to waitlist for the later flight or would I have to have the available miles?

thanks
FDW
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Question: I currently have an award booked for REP-SIN, but on an early flight? Is there a process to waitlist for the later flight or would I have to have the available miles?

thanks
FDW
you need to number or required miles in your account to waitlist
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by katye
1. If I book a confirmed HKG-SFO award for economy class, can I waitlist for business class on the same flight?
Originally Posted by tango3
1. Do the waitlist first before booking a confirmed ticket. You will need sufficient miles to do the waitlist.
Not necessarily. In my recent experience of a few months ago, I booked a confirmed J redemption, and then called up KF to put me on the waitlist for F (on the same flight), and they did so without me needing to deposit the additional J --> F miles.

When the waitlist cleared then I got them to hold the reservation for a few days while I transferred over the additional miles needed.

Last edited by shuigao; Sep 27, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:27 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by merridius
you need to number or required miles in your account to waitlist
Just to circle back I emailed SQ Krisflyer and they were able to place me on the waitlist for the later flight (confirmed still on earlier flight)

FDW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.