Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the sake go?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Where did the sake go?

Quel horreure*

Found out the hard way that SQ removed sake from the drinks list for all flights except to/from Japan.

I missed my small sake bottle + sleeping pill to get 11h of sleep overseas, with no hangover after.

Did anyone else even notice?

* I know it's not that bad... But the little things in life
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
It only makes sense for SQ to serve Sake for flights to & from Japan, why the surprise and by doing so SQ is sticking to its cost reduction initiative.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by shuuy

Found out the hard way that SQ removed sake from the drinks list for all flights except to/from Japan.
I was super sure it was still on the menu to/from SGN just a few days ago (31 Aug). Unless it's been removed from September onwards...

Won't be flying SQ till another 2 weeks so cannot confirm!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Perhaps it was a change from 1 September (it was on my recent flights before then)?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
It only makes sense for SQ to serve Sake for flights to & from Japan, why the surprise and by doing so SQ is sticking to its cost reduction initiative.
It was my wife's go to drink for flying in SQ on J... First world problems but I can already sense she will be unhappy with the flight to SIN next month
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:11 pm

I love the sake in F!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I loved being able to have sake with my kaiseki in F from SIN to FRA. A taste of Japan without flying to or from Japan. Now that is service that even other airlines talk about.
behyx likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
It's back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.