Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What if booked award ticket to wait list to no seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

I have an award ticket for SFO to HKG in January 2018. I won't be able to travel on the ticketed date. It seems that Saver first is Waitlist from November 1 throughout December 30, 2017.

What would happen if I change the date of my ticket to a wait list date and No seat becomes available?

Do I receive all miles back with NO cancellation fee?

Can't remember how many miles paid for pre-devaluation . Anyone?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
I have an award ticket for SFO to HKG in January 2018. I won't be able to travel on the ticketed date. It seems that Saver first is Waitlist from November 1 throughout December 30, 2017.

What would happen if I change the date of my ticket to a wait list date and No seat becomes available?

Do I receive all miles back with NO cancellation fee?

Can't remember how many miles paid for pre-devaluation . Anyone?

Thanks
When you waitlist it doesn't change or cancel your existing reservation. That stays in tact and they simply add the waitlisted legs to the existing itinerary. If it clears, you call in and they change the itinerary. Otherwise the original flight stays as is. If you need cancel the fee is only $30 so not terribly out of reach.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
What would happen if I change the date of my ticket to a wait list date and No seat becomes available? Call in and change it to an open date. Or put a waitlist date that you might be able to fly once clears. WL might clears - but no guarantee.

Do I receive all miles back with NO cancellation fee? Could try. Might be if you speak to a nice agent.

Can't remember how many miles paid for pre-devaluation . Anyone? Stated in you e-receipt.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.