Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines stole my miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The airline clearly knows. But it seems the OP hasn't asked for access to their ANA account?
I agree but all this sounds so bizarre!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:10 pm

Hi all, came across this thread because something similar happened to me as well!

Just flew on TK from KUL to IST a couple of days ago. Gave my FF# upon check in, saw that it got printed on my boarding pass. Second day in Istanbul(where I’m typing this), realised that my miles has been credited into my SQ krisflyer account(where I’m KFEG)! Tried to claim retroactively on TK’s app but message appeared that it’s been registered to another airline. This is strange because in no way I have given TK information that I’m a KF member. And on past flights on TG, I did the same thing - gave them my TK member number and miles were credited into my TK account. I’m flustered now as I’m trying to achieve Elite status(*A Gold) on TK and it’s quite a lot of miles gone considered that I paid full fare.

Already contacted Miles&Smiles, but not sure if they will be as helpful as other FFPs. It’s my first post even though I’ve been reading Flyertalk for a while. Just wanted to see if something similar has happened with SQ.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Had the same thing happen, where I never supplied my KF number but miles were credited to KF. I figured when I used my card to access the lounge the dragon entered my KF number at that point.

Now I'm always explicit which program I want credited when using another program membership for access.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by davidj1
Had the same thing happen, where I never supplied my KF number but miles were credited to KF. I figured when I used my card to access the lounge the dragon entered my KF number at that point.

Now I'm always explicit which program I want credited when using another program membership for access.
Did you manage to resolve this? I.e. get them to credit the miles where you wanted to? Speaking of which, it could have been the lounge access bit, but this didn’t happen in the past...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.