Which Airline Program to credit to ?

Old Aug 22, 17, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Which Airline Program to credit to ?

Hello.

I travel 5-6x a year in Business Class between SFO-CCU.

I have been traveling for the past few years on CX/KA crediting to AA.

I am looking at switching to SQ in 2018.

I am wondering which mileage program to credit travel ? I only have experience with LH and UA.

With LH, I will only get a 50% mileage bonus for D class travel on SQ. No exec bonus etc.

I don't know what UA is like, and how readily available awards are.

I am US based, if that makes any difference, though I can give an Indian address as well.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 17, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Well, not sure which is the best program for mileage, what may help what sort of awards would you be after (class of travel, destination etc?).

Whatever the case, with this frequency of travel, do join Krisflyer to accrue PPS status, which is independent of where your miles go to. You do get looked after (slightly) better than a regular passenger.
Old Aug 23, 17, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

I am primarily looking to use miles to travel US-Europe or US-India in Business Class.

The Senator Companion awards is obviously a big benefit, though with the cost of high fees - in LH M&M.
Old Aug 23, 17, 12:12 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
This is a hard question. How do you get to CCU from SFO? Which direction do you go? My preference is to go west and stopover in HKG. I hate getting stuck in FRA. What cities in Europe do you need to get to?
Old Aug 29, 17, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
This is a hard question. How do you get to CCU from SFO? Which direction do you go? My preference is to go west and stopover in HKG. I hate getting stuck in FRA. What cities in Europe do you need to get to?
I travel west as well on CX/KA but KA is horrible in business class HKG-CCU

I quit flying on LH long before they cancelled their CCU flights. My travels to Europe would be for tourism only so LH etc would be fine

I am just wondering which *A airline program would be best for crediting SQ miles given my travel pattern and award chances

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: