Go Back   > > >

Old Aug 12, 17, 6:30 pm   #1
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, SA Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Revenue flight in business wife on award waitlist in economy - anything I can do?

I ploughed through a few of the 86 pages on this, and posted over there - but couldn't get anything specific.

Booked two LAX-ICN-SIN RT for later this month - one is an award ticket that is currently waitlisted for my wife, the other is 'saver' revenue business for me.

I have her on a Delta award ticket as backup. She is a former SQ FA from many moons ago, so she thinks she can get herself upgraded via her 'connections' once she's confirmed - but in the interim, what can I do to try to get her off the waitlist?

Call SQ and tell them she's on a revenue flight with me? I just called them and the nice Filipino girl said that doesn't make a difference, but she seemed sweetly clueless. I'm still KF silver, for what it's worth. Thoughts?
jav1107ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 17, 6:44 pm   #2

Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav1107ecu View Post
I ploughed through a few of the 86 pages on this, and posted over there - but couldn't get anything specific.

Booked two LAX-ICN-SIN RT for later this month - one is an award ticket that is currently waitlisted for my wife, the other is 'saver' revenue business for me.

I have her on a Delta award ticket as backup. She is a former SQ FA from many moons ago, so she thinks she can get herself upgraded via her 'connections' once she's confirmed - but in the interim, what can I do to try to get her off the waitlist?

Call SQ and tell them she's on a revenue flight with me? I just called them and the nice Filipino girl said that doesn't make a difference, but she seemed sweetly clueless. I'm still KF silver, for what it's worth. Thoughts?
I have found that holding a revenue business class ticket *does* make a huge difference in clearing a waitlisted award ticket on the same flight. I have had two out of two cleared within the same day after I made the phone call: SIN-LHR-SIN in business (2015) and SIN-DPS-SIN in economy (2017). I do have elite status with SQ, though. Try hanging up and calling again. You need a cooperative agent to push this through to revenue management to open up the award seat.
cowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 17, 1:55 pm   #3
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, SA Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Called them. He linked them and put in a chaser, knew exactly what to do. I hoped against hope that it would confirm very shortly like some folks have mentioned here. About four hours later I sent a nice email to the waitlist email requesting, again, very kindly to confirm her seat. Travel is in a week so we'll see....
jav1107ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 17, 1:24 am   #4

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Diamond (*G), CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
You can refer to my recent experience for info. I am on revenue, my travel companion was on J saver award. Both records are linked, but award did not clear.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...r-86.html#1284
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 17, 1:55 am   #5

My hubby was on revenue ticket and I was on award ticket for SIN-ICN-SIN. Spoke with the KF call centre to link the bookings and sent a chaser. Waitlist was cleared 2 weeks out.

I'm curious to know if and how your wife got her upgrade if the waitlist materialises. Was it a legitimate upgrade with boarding pass and lounge invite etc, or was it conversation with the IFS and a "Oh let me put you in J once the aircraft doors have closed" kind of upgrade?
SQ319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 17, 2:45 am   #6

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, VA TCL, SQ PPS, EK Gold, SPG Plat
My experience with this (and having SQ status) is that a cooperative phone agent will do everything possible to clear this within a few weeks of departure. I was on a revenue ticket and had the last Business Class seat for sale cleared as an award ticket for my mother on the same flight a week out.. couldn't believe it actually!
vantage03 is offline   Reply With Quote