Krisflyer Expert Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Krisflyer Expert Advice Needed

Basic Facts:
  • Traveling BOS - VIE next April.
  • Want to use *A awards.
  • I see *A availability for possible flights using UA website.
  • I call SO and walked them through the specific segments (they did not come up with them when they searched as they seem to default to LH), and they said it would work.
  • I currently don't have enough mileage in my Krisflyer account, or any other *A FF program.

Here is what I am thinking:
  • My father in law will xfer miles from both his Amex MR, and Chase Ultimate Sapphire cards to his Krisflyer account.
  • My son and I will be a nominee on his account so that he can get the reward tix for us. I am told to get award tix for someone else, we need to be included as nominees on the person's account who is getting the tix.

Here are the questions:
  • The xfers will only get him to 95k Krisflyer miles and we need 110k for the booking
  • I have MR and Chase Miles that could get us there but that would require a way to xfer miles from my account to my father-in-law's account. We are at the same address.
  • Can I just xfer my MR or Chase points to my father in law directly (different names, same address).
  • Any other way to top-off a Krisflyer account.

We are in the US. Any help or comments is appreciated.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
If you transfer your Chase points to your father-in-law's KF account, Chase is very likely to close your Ultimate Rewards account and associated credit cards.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txflyer77
If you transfer your Chase points to your father-in-law's KF account, Chase is very likely to close your Ultimate Rewards account and associated credit cards.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
Actually, it may be that you found an Authorized user loophole. I can add myself as AU to the card accounts and use that to aggregate across both MR and Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.