Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIN to BNE - what to expect by Singapore Airlines in J

Old Jul 31, 17, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;

Hey guys

flying for the first time with Singapore Airlines originating from CMB but interested in SIN-BNE leg.

I am on A330-300 night flight, flying in J. I understand that no amenity kits are provided.
Do they provide PJs? also is there a fastback lane for J customers at arrival in Brisbane?

Any other tips are much appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 17, 3:42 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The most important observation to align expectations is that it's the regional business class seat

No PJs or amenity kit, you'll get a fast track card
Old Jul 31, 17, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
The most important observation to align expectations is that it's the regional business class seat
THIS. You would be in the same seat as what you would from CMB-SIN.
Old Jul 31, 17, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post

No PJs or amenity kit, you'll get a fast track card
thank you, thats very helpful and rather disappointing. Qatar does provide PJs on overnight flights and I found it rather comfortable way to travel. I wish I have kept those PJ's for the situations like this.

I understand from the tone on FT that regional product is not in par with international flights?

any decent champagne to drown my sorrows in?
Old Jul 31, 17, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by rashadik View Post
I understand from the tone on FT that regional product is not in par with international flights?
All of SQ flights are international. The regional product is not on par with its long haul product. I wouldn't waste my miles on redeeming the regional business class product.

Here's a trip review that I've google searched. https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...review-bne-sin
Old Aug 6, 17, 4:28 am

Yes, the A330 is currently still using the regional business class. I flew on it on the Singapore-Canberra- Wellington route. It is not a lie-flat bed, there is still an 8 deg or so incline, but frankly I found it ok.

Here is the review of the flight back - Wellington to Canberra, and then Canberra to Singapore.

Wellington to Canberra - SQ 292

Canberra to Singapore - SQ 292
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SQ319 View Post
THIS. You would be in the same seat as what you would from CMB-SIN.
Very sad and then SQ wonders why it can't be profitable. It no longer is the airline it used to be.
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ PPS
Did the SIN-BNE flight as part of a Dublin to Honiara trip last year.

Not much to add - if Qatar Airways is the benchmark, I can guarantee that SQ will be a lot more professional (and nicer) experience.

As noted above, regional config on this flight. I'm not a huge fan of the QR open dormitory cabin, for example. SQ A330-300 - in my opinion - is perfectly fine for a few hours.

PJs!?
Old Aug 6, 17, 10:11 am

Hey guys

flying for the first time with Singapore Airlines originating from CMB but interested in SIN-BNE leg.

I am on A330-300 night flight, flying in J. I understand that no amenity kits are provided.
Do they provide PJs? also is there a fastback lane for J customers at arrival in Brisbane?

Any other tips are much appreciated.
Oh the night flight, i.e. the SQ sleeper service.

You will only have 1 meal entitlement: a choice of either having supper after takeoff or breakfast before landing.

Champagne is Taittinger Prelude cru MV. No PJs and no amenity kits for SQ except for that 70th anniversary pouch.
Old Aug 6, 17, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowjhg View Post
Oh the night flight, i.e. the SQ sleeper service.

You will only have 1 meal entitlement: a choice of either having supper after takeoff or breakfast before landing.

Champagne is Taittinger Prelude cru MV. No PJs and no amenity kits for SQ except for that 70th anniversary pouch.
this is very helpful and informative - many thanks for your valuable contribution.

Reading all above I could actually kick myself for not making a a prior research on SQ and just relied on my perception of this airline and so far it does not come close to my amazing QR experience. Hopefully actual flights will not be as disappointing.
Old Aug 6, 17, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2 View Post
Yes, the A330 is currently still using the regional business class. I flew on it on the Singapore-Canberra- Wellington route. It is not a lie-flat bed, there is still an 8 deg or so incline, but frankly I found it ok.

Here is the review of the flight back - Wellington to Canberra, and then Canberra to Singapore.

Wellington to Canberra - SQ 292
Singapore Airlines SQ 292 Wellington to Canberra Business Class Full Flight Meals - YouTube

Canberra to Singapore - SQ 292
Singapore Airlines Business Canberra to Singapore SQ 292 Full Flight Review - YouTube
very grateful for sharing your experience - thank you
Old Aug 8, 17, 11:16 pm

very grateful for sharing your experience - thank you
Hope you enjoy the flight.

Will you be transiting in Singapore?
Old Aug 9, 17, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2 View Post
Hope you enjoy the flight.

Will you be transiting in Singapore?
hey, thank you :-)

on the way back I have chosen almost 12 hours of transit in Singapore, hoping to take Heritage Tour of the City and a cheeky cocktail @marinabaySands
Old Aug 9, 17, 1:52 am
Original Poster

ill be blogging this trip on my Instagram @TravelGeektoujours
Old Aug 11, 17, 5:02 pm

Same "soft product", which is best reason to fly SQ

Search this Thread
Search Engine: