Wiki Posts
Search

Mixing SQ and LX/LH for awards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, BA
Mixing SQ and LX/LH for awards

With the recent changes on KF awards and the disappearance of fuel surcharges, I am wondering how that work if you add an LH/LX flight to a SQ one. Example:

SIN-ZRH on SQ in C, one way: 85k.
SIN-ZRH-GVA on SQ then LX in C, one way: is that 80k as a star award?

Considering the low fuel surcharge on a ZRH-GVA flight, it would clearly be a plus for the pax who ultimately wants to go to GVA?

Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by flyasia
With the recent changes on KF awards and the disappearance of fuel surcharges, I am wondering how that work if you add an LH/LX flight to a SQ one. Example:

SIN-ZRH on SQ in C, one way: 85k.
SIN-ZRH-GVA on SQ then LX in C, one way: is that 80k as a star award?

Considering the low fuel surcharge on a ZRH-GVA flight, it would clearly be a plus for the pax who ultimately wants to go to GVA?

Thanks.
Yes it will be 80K plus the Low fuel surcharge of SQ and the surcharges for ZRH-GVA in full which would be 50-100 euro I think...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by SQueeze
Yes it will be 80K plus the Low fuel surcharge of SQ and the surcharges for ZRH-GVA in full which would be 50-100 euro I think...
SQ doesn't levy YQ on award tickets, whether or not it is a SQ Only award or a Star award.

I don't know if LX levies fuel surcharges, but if they do, then yes, it would be charged.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, BA
Thanks,
thats good news
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by SQueeze
ITA Matrix shows a YR of ~ $23 SGD on that sector.

Edit: that was as standalone fare. Combined with SQ flight the YQ is $79 SGD plus a CH of $23.00. So that Gives $104 SGD for the addon.

Last edited by lokijuh; Jul 9, 2017 at 11:46 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
ITA Matrix shows a YR of ~ $23 SGD on that sector.

Edit: that was as standalone fare. Combined with SQ flight the YQ is $79 SGD plus a CH of $23.00. So that Gives $104 SGD for the addon.
Remember that SQ charges YQ on revenue fares but not on award redemptions. So the YQ should just be as is for the LX sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.