FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   sfo -hkg booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1852061-sfo-hkg-booking.html)

hqly2001 Jul 6, 2017 1:48 pm

sfo -hkg booking

IT appears that they release 1 F and 2J seats up front for this route. A couple of years ago it was 2F and 4J, can anyone confirm what is the current number of seats released for redemption up front?

Also, is SQ more stingy in releasing seats for F and J the 1-2 weeks prior to departure? I haven't been able to travel to asia for a few years but they used to be pretty good at releasing unsold seats last couple weeks but I read that they've changed and don't offer up much seats for redemptions.

I need 4 seats, should I waitlist all 4 seats for F and book J, assuming there's even 4 that open. So far, I'm unable to see 4 seats in J. Max is 2 so far and it's like the earliest flight they open up for next year.

Any update on trend is appreciated!

Thanks

travelbugging Jul 6, 2017 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by hqly2001 (Post 28528025)
IT appears that they release 1 F and 2J seats up front for this route. A couple of years ago it was 2F and 4J, can anyone confirm what is the current number of seats released for redemption up front?

Also, is SQ more stingy in releasing seats for F and J the 1-2 weeks prior to departure? I haven't been able to travel to asia for a few years but they used to be pretty good at releasing unsold seats last couple weeks but I read that they've changed and don't offer up much seats for redemptions.

I need 4 seats, should I waitlist all 4 seats for F and book J, assuming there's even 4 that open. So far, I'm unable to see 4 seats in J. Max is 2 so far and it's like the earliest flight they open up for next year.

Any update on trend is appreciated!

Thanks

This is going to be very tough. The SFO-HKG and vice versa changed from 8 F seats to 4 F seats so the likelihood of you being able to book all 4 F seats are very slim. I would book all the F seats you can and then waitlist the rest after booking J.

When I booked last year I was able to book 2 F seats but that was when it was the 8 F seat configuration.

hqly2001 Jul 6, 2017 3:14 pm

thanks for the info.. I'm unable to find even 2 seats.. so I think they changed to 1 F and 2J released up front now.. Maybe more J will open up closer to date. think that they don't open up more in J up front.

lifeonthego_k Jul 7, 2017 4:32 am

Originally Posted by travelbugging (Post 28528298)
This is going to be very tough. The SFO-HKG and vice versa changed from 8 F seats to 4 F seats so the likelihood of you being able to book all 4 F seats are very slim. I would book all the F seats you can and then waitlist the rest after booking J.

When I booked last year I was able to book 2 F seats but that was when it was the 8 F seat configuration.

I flew HKG-SFO (SQ002) on June 21st and F consisted of 8 seats. But on the SIN-HKG sector there were only 4 seats in seats in F. Both were the B777-300 ER. I guess they use them interchangeably depending on the load.