Website Error for Premium Economy

Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Website Error for Premium Economy

There seems to be a pretty major problem with the website at the moment for various destinations (and SQ are wondering why they are losing passengers?)

For example:
- Search for a flight from SYD to MXP all the way in Premium Economy (eg. SQ222 + SQ368)
- When you select the Premium Economy tab, only the flight from SYD-SIN shows in Premium and SIN-MXP shows in standard Economy (yet the flights do have Premium). The same on the return leg.

It's not date specific and also happens for various other destinations with Premium Economy on both connecting legs.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I guess SQ is inadvertently agreeing with most travellers that their PE product is not only disappointing but overpriced! :P

I flew 2 sectors in PE when it was released a while back (SYD-SIN return) and would rather pay the extra for a C, or take the significant saving in Y.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by sol95
I guess SQ is inadvertently agreeing with most travellers that their PE product is not only disappointing but overpriced! :P

I flew 2 sectors in PE when it was released a while back (SYD-SIN return) and would rather pay the extra for a C, or take the significant saving in Y.
Second that!
PY does not worth that much of a premium!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:27 pm

So what are loads like on the PE cabins? How full are they? Does SQ offer complimentary upgrades if the PE cabin is not full?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Please forgive me, but isn't all this going a bit off topic? :P
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I think this may be an IT or fare loading error since premium economy does appear when you search SIN-MPX instead of SYD-MPX.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I think this may be an IT or fare loading error since premium economy does appear when you search SIN-MPX instead of SYD-MPX.
they are probably picking up a fare that's a combination of PE+Y and half/half cabins.

I haven't seen any issues when searching either but doing the same as 2 separate flights...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

I wrote to them weeks ago about the error and it's still there. That's pretty bad! :P
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
This has been happening since last year. I emailed them number of times but they haven't fixed it yet. And this glitch is almost for all routes that has 2 sectors involved.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:24 am

To check whether it's a mistake or it's an actual fare that cannot be combined, try searching for the same itinerary on the matrix. If you can have PE all the way, then note the fare and book through a TA.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
To check whether it's a mistake or it's an actual fare that cannot be combined, try searching for the same itinerary on the matrix. If you can have PE all the way, then note the fare and book through a TA.
Hi malmostoso,

It's definitely a website error (for months now!) as I bought the fare via the SQ call centre. Pretty shocking.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: TG Gold, BA Gold
Curiously this error does happen to end up favouring you if the loads are tight enough that only flexi saver eco or flexi fare eco are available.

The flight I'm looking at from europe has 4 sectors round trip, of which 3 are PE and one is being forced into eco because either the plane doesn't have PE or (seperately checked) the PE cabin is full. The price is then cheaper than the flexi eco only fare.

so in essence, 3 sectors our of 4 in PE for for less than 4 out of 4 sectors in Flexi Eco.

Only really helps be of value if the load is high enough that you don't get the option for cheaper economy buckets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.