Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Question regarding gold status renewal with SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, Hope you can help, perhaps this is obvious, but I am not sure.

Last year I qualified for Krisflyer Gold for the first time. I had up until July 2017 to earn enough points but due to a heavy program, I qualified in Dec 2016. I had expected my Gold then to run from when I earned it to July 2018 as with all the other programs I have been gold with such as Qantas and SAS. These airlines seem to have fixed qualification years.

SQ seem to be different, theirs seem to be dynamic as in Dec, I instantly had to start again and had until Dec 2017 to earn enough to retain gold. So I got gold for precisely 12 months and not 1 second more.

On to my question. I will likely pass the hurdle now to retain gold in August 2017. If I do that, will my next re-set date be moved forward to August 2018 or will it stay Dec 2018?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
I can't remember for first time Golds, but my requalification year ends on 31 July. This has been the case for me since 2009 at least. Early requalification does not change the date (although in my experience, SQ does trigger the new requal year one month in advance in case of early requalification, without changing the requalification deadline).

In fact, this is a bug bear for those KF members who have plenty of flights as their EQMs are "wasted" in a period in which they have already requaled,
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
It will stay as Dec 2018.

As you have experienced, the 'year end' date only changes when you qualify for a new tier. When maintaining a tier, the year end date will not change.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks both, I had thought/hoped that might be the case, but was not sure. It means I can do other things for the remainder of the period than stick religiously to *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.