Sleeper service - night flights

Old May 27, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I've flown this route several times. Most times business is completely full for CBR-SIN and SIN-CBR, but much lighter loads for WLG-CBR and CBR-WLG.
Interesting,I was hearing load factors were not that great.I tend to keep a eye on my Kris Flyer account,so far there is only four of us in biz.Probably early days though.(I fly out 2nd week Oct.)Cheers
Old May 27, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by hackneycab2
Yes,do not think I will be eating until at least the "official" breakfast service,I think I would rather sleep.If I am still hungry I will eat up in the SIA lounge,before I board SQ308.As a matter of interest what was pax numbers like on this service? I will be doing both sectors(SQ292 & SQ291) Thankyou SIA.Cheers
For me it was probably almost 2/3 full. My original seat booking was further back in the cabin but during boarding the stewardess pointed out an unoccupied centre pair in the front cabin, so I moved to there (to be quicker off the plane). My outbound flight CBR-SIN was similar, perhaps about 1/2 full, so I was able to have a window seat without a neighbour. Thus, the 2-2-2 configuration was tolerable both ways.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
sleeper Service SIN-IST

I have a question related to SQ 392 from SIN to IST. It departs 1:45 and arrives 7:45 am so I would think it would be a sleeper service given the departure time. But, since it is an 11 hour flight, would that make a difference? Are there two meals but limited? Or one limited and one full meal? I am curious.

While the catering might be less, at least it has the retrofitted J seats so they look quite nice. Anyone with any experience with the retrofitted 772?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
I have a question related to SQ 392 from SIN to IST. It departs 1:45 and arrives 7:45 am so I would think it would be a sleeper service given the departure time. But, since it is an 11 hour flight, would that make a difference? Are there two meals but limited? Or one limited and one full meal? I am curious.

While the catering might be less, at least it has the retrofitted J seats so they look quite nice. Anyone with any experience with the retrofitted 772?
European flights are spared the Sleeper Service. They might be overnight flights as well but get 2 meals and a snack selection. Supper isn’t exactly a full service affair as it doesn’t have satay but you still get an appetiser, main and dessert.

The retrofitted 772s get the long-haul seat from 2 generations ago, launched in 2006. Still a solid product though of course not the most cutting-edge.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris

European flights are spared the Sleeper Service. They might be overnight flights as well but get 2 meals and a snack selection. Supper isn’t exactly a full service affair as it doesn’t have satay but you still get an appetiser, main and dessert.

The retrofitted 772s get the long-haul seat from 2 generations ago, launched in 2006. Still a solid product though of course not the most cutting-edge.
Thank you. It is most helpful.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I will be flying on SQ8 (SIN-ICN) DEP 0245 hrs on J class. I assume it will be a sleeper service and does that mean I can request my BTC to be served much later in the flight or will they serve all after take off?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
I will be flying on SQ8 (SIN-ICN) DEP 0245 hrs on J class. I assume it will be a sleeper service and does that mean I can request my BTC to be served much later in the flight or will they serve all after take off?
Yes, sleeper service. They'll ask if you want it after takeoff or before landing, but in practice they should be able to serve it any time in between.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Krisflyer Elite Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Booked on SQ478 in J next month to Cape Town, does anyone have any experience of the meal service on this flight?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by jimmywhitey
Booked on SQ478 in J next month to Cape Town, does anyone have any experience of the meal service on this flight?
SIN-JNB Refreshment (noodle or sandwich) after takeoff and breakfast prior to arrival
JBN-CPT Another refreshment

Here is a good review of SQ's SIN to JNB flight!
https://www.get.com/blog/singapore-a...-class-review/

Carfield
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jimmywhitey
SQ478 to JNB isn't a Sleeper Service flight, if that was your concern. As pointed out you do get a meal after takeoff (albeit quite watered down), snacks and breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.