SQ Blocks J Bulkhead?

Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Enrich
I'm travelling from SIN - ZRH next year on the new A380 and returning from MUC - SIN on the A350 with my missus. it's an award booking and i don't have any status with SQ. Called the CS and managed to get 19D/F for MUC - SIN sector, she did not mention anything about the seat being bassinet nor inform that we may loose the seat. What are the chances of passengers requiring the use of bassinet on the flight?

For SIN - ZRH, i tried to request 96 D/F but she told me the seat is not open for selection yet..... seat only opens up for selection 48 hrs before flight. Ended up with a temporary 92 D/F.. should i request for 91 D/F using the rationale of the A350 flight? Any issues with 91 D/F?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Troopers
Re outbound, I'd pick the minicabin with the foot cubby in row 12 over the larger cabin with the larger foot rest in row 15...much more noise and traffic in row 15 due to galley and restrooms.
Thanks! I'm not tall, but am sensitive to noise and traffic, so this sounds like solid advice.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks! I'm not tall, but am sensitive to noise and traffic, so this sounds like solid advice.
^ at most, you'll have the two ppl in 11 and your aisle mate in 12 plus occasional cabin crew walking by you.
SilverGGA likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:51 am

Reviving this older thread. My wife and I are booked in J on the 350ULR LAX-SIN in August, and have called SQ over 10x now to get moved into row 11 or 19. No phone agent will move us, telling me 19 is strictly reserved for those with infants, and that my only chance at rows 11 or 19 is 48-72 hours out or maybe even at the gate. For those that got moved into 11 or 19 on the phone, did you do anything other than call general reservation line? I'll call as many times as I need, though every agent reminds me they see in my reservation notes that we have requested row 11 or 19.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by canes310
Reviving this older thread. My wife and I are booked in J on the 350ULR LAX-SIN in August, and have called SQ over 10x now to get moved into row 11 or 19. No phone agent will move us, telling me 19 is strictly reserved for those with infants, and that my only chance at rows 11 or 19 is 48-72 hours out or maybe even at the gate. For those that got moved into 11 or 19 on the phone, did you do anything other than call general reservation line? I'll call as many times as I need, though every agent reminds me they see in my reservation notes that we have requested row 11 or 19.
Do you have a Krisflyer number ? What status ?
Being PPS will help , Solitaire for sure
Old May 4, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by canes310
This restriction is a relatively recent introduction; it is possible that it took a while for all agents to become aware of it. By now though, it appears that they most definitely are!
Old May 4, 2019, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
This restriction is a relatively recent introduction; it is possible that it took a while for all agents to become aware of it. By now though, it appears that they most definitely are!
i think SQ have many instances where a pax with infants need the bassinet n thus need the row 19 seats n need to ask those allocated to move n cause some unhappiness. Thus they now strictly enforce on the rule to avoid any issues later n save them some trouble.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
In the past the agents would always caveat that if an infant needs it, then you’d be displaced from it. Perhaps it’s true that this resulted in a lot of unhappiness when pax were suddenly booted out into the least desirable seats (near galley... back of cabin..) so now they’d rather avoid it together.

Admittedly recently when I asked for the bassinet seat, it’s really because I have an infant with me
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Kacee how did it go for you? I am facing the same dilemma now - mini cabin row 11-14, and larger cabin 15 and up. Row 11 blocked. Both 12A/K and 15A/K are available. Trying to decide between 12 or 15.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:33 am

Just did two flights which were fairly full in J. Row 11 was blocked up until just under 96 hours before departure, then, in both instances, 11K came available and I was able to select it online with no status.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:35 am

I have a qeustian about reserving bulkhead seats.

I am *A Gold, husband is Silver.
As of right now we can reserve row 19 D/F bulkhead seats for upcoming flight (6 weeks from now) on SQ 352 to Copenhagen. It is operated by an A350

However, what do you reckon the odds are being moved due to bassinett needed for infant? Cabin seems pretty full so will probably not be seated together at all if moved at last minute.

Please advice, stay in the forward cabin in row 14 D/F or take the chances of being moved out of row 19? Thank you
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by LadyBell
I have a qeustian about reserving bulkhead seats.

I am *A Gold, husband is Silver.
As of right now we can reserve row 19 D/F bulkhead seats for upcoming flight (6 weeks from now) on SQ 352 to Copenhagen. It is operated by an A350

However, what do you reckon the odds are being moved due to bassinett needed for infant? Cabin seems pretty full so will probably not be seated together at all if moved at last minute.

Please advice, stay in the forward cabin in row 14 D/F or take the chances of being moved out of row 19? Thank you
6 weeks to go....Personally, I think you would be safe but it can happen regardless even if it’s 1 or 2 weeks to go.

The way to look at it is, how big of a deal is it going to be if you get split? You could always ask to be seated together still on the day. Someone will swap no doubt.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Posting this to add some data points. Xferred Chase UR points to SQ and booked Advantage awards. SQ 37 LAX-SIN on 359 has rows 11 and 19 unavailable on SQ so I booked 15A. But on expertflyer I see that they are available. I was expecting them to be blocked but I guess that isn't completely true since elite members can book them.

SQ 247 SIN-SYD let me book 19A. I have no status with SQ. From reading this thread it sounds like it's not worth calling to try to get bulkhead on SQ37 but that I should try to change this online at 48-72 hours out. It's too bad I can't set an EF alert to tell me when they become available to me but I understand that's not a limitation of EF.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:37 pm

Reviving this (relatively) old thread—I have a flight on SQ 34 SIN-SFO coming up in October, and unsurprisingly cannot book either row 11 or row 19. Interestingly, though, ExpertFlyer is showing that row 11 is blocked, but row 19 is available (albeit 2 seats have been booked). Have folks had any success booking row 19 lately by calling, or are they quasi-blocked for passengers who need the bassinet?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Originally Posted by juhlee
Reviving this (relatively) old thread—I have a flight on SQ 34 SIN-SFO coming up in October, and unsurprisingly cannot book either row 11 or row 19. Interestingly, though, ExpertFlyer is showing that row 11 is blocked, but row 19 is available (albeit 2 seats have been booked). Have folks had any success booking row 19 lately by calling, or are they quasi-blocked for passengers who need the bassinet?
I did not try calling but did see some of them open up when the flight got closer. I started checking often starting a week before my flight and was able to change but I don't remember exactly what day it opened up. I think SQ elites can book them anytime and then if the bassinets are not expected to be needed they open up close to the flight day. Of course if they end up being needed you may be asked to move. Good luck. The extra legroom is nice.
KE81 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.