Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ - "Capital Express" SIN CBR WLG Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ - "Capital Express" SIN CBR WLG Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by onlySIA
Ouch! I have had 11 hours added onto a journey to CBR but a 16 hour change sounds horrific. I am going to see if I can be rescheduled onto a SYD or MEL flight with a domestic connection instead.
My SQ 247 flight reservation was automatically changed to SQ 237 departing about 90 minutes earlier than my original flight.

Last edited by arfaczar; Jan 24, 2018 at 7:49 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by arfaczar
a 1500 departure would have an ETA in MEL at around 2am (not ideal).
Probably need to be earlier during daylight savings time in MEL, but for rest of year 15:00 departure would arrive at 00:25, which in my books is OK arrival time (bearing in mind that's only 22:25 body clock time!) Also would open up a range of connections from within SE Asia.

Based on my experience on EK's SIN-BNE flight, which arrives at 00:50 IIRC, it was a brilliant flight to be on. Half day in the office, straight to the airport, and then fly down. Would have happily slept nicely in bed that night had I not been transferring to MEL four hours later.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Looking for Business Class redemption ex-WLG, I see the new SQ flight WLG-MEL-SIN on the (I presume old old) 777-200. Would that be the old slanted Biz seats?
I assume so, since booking SQ C with UA miles is limited to non-flat beds, right?
That said, even for this itinerary, it might be ok in SQ C considering lounges in SIN, catering, service, etc.
Thoughts/ comments? Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Looking for Business Class redemption ex-WLG, I see the new SQ flight WLG-MEL-SIN on the (I presume old old) 777-200. Would that be the old slanted Biz seats?
I assume so, since booking SQ C with UA miles is limited to non-flat beds, right?
That said, even for this itinerary, it might be ok in SQ C considering lounges in SIN, catering, service, etc.
Thoughts/ comments? Thanks!
Also wanting to know the same thing, what sort of J seat is available on the 772 which will run the SIN-MEL-WLG flight ?
Paid flights return MEL-WLG is just over $A1,000 in J which is quite a deal
davidj1 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes will continue with old seats.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
These old seats are completely fine for a short flight like MEL-WLG. By the time you have had four courses there's not much time for lounging or sleeping.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by onlySIA
These old seats are completely fine for a short flight like MEL-WLG. By the time you have had four courses there's not much time for lounging or sleeping.
I'd be flying all the way to/from SIN so would be overnight on the slanted beds. Hmmm.....
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:45 am

The slanted seats are not terrible. I usually sleep fine on them. It's the terrible IFE system that bugs me, but if you are asleep that wont be an issue.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by Nizar
Also wanting to know the same thing, what sort of J seat is available on the 772 which will run the SIN-MEL-WLG flight ?
Paid flights return MEL-WLG is just over $A1,000 in J which is quite a deal
I am booked to fly SIN-MEL-WLG SQ247 J in December, the reservation states 772 but looking at SQ247 inaugural flight yesterday they flew 772 ER retrofitted version which I believe is lie-flat.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by rtgta
I am booked to fly SIN-MEL-WLG SQ247 J in December, the reservation states 772 but looking at SQ247 inaugural flight yesterday they flew 772 ER retrofitted version which I believe is lie-flat.
Don't think 9V-SQJ and 9V-SRO are 772ER, IMHO both are 772.

I might be wrong
Old May 4, 2018, 8:24 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yauee

I might be wrong
All SQ 777-200's are ER's. Some have been refitted in Business Class.

The flights in/out of WLG use non-refitted aircraft

I've flown on 9V-SQM and 9V-SQN in/out of WLG.

The inaugural flight used 9V-SQJ and todays flight is using 9V-SRO.

My understanding is that the 9V-SQ* & 9V-SR* series are in regional configuration while the 9V-SV* series has been refitted.

Last edited by WLG Base; May 4, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Old May 4, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by WLG Base

The flights in/out of WLG use non-refitted aircraft

I've flown on 9V-SQM and 9V-SQN in/out of WLG.

The inaugural flight used 9V-SQJ and todays flight is using 9V-SRO.

Thanks for correcting me, might had been misleaded with singapore airlines website and seat guru website
The Singapore Airlines fleet ? your travel experience redefined.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Si...nformation.php

Definitely wish am wrong, so 5 of us can enjoy the good product in September
Old May 4, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by yauee

I might be wrong
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I think the confusion stems from the de-rated nature of the SQ*/SR* series 777s. They were built as -200ERs but listed by SQ as -200s.

All of the remaining -200s and -200ERs have been refitted at some point. The SV* series was refitted with the 2006 long-haul product whereas the SQ/SR* series got the 2009 regional J and new seat covers in Y.
xtfer likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Redemption seats

Interestingly there are plenty of J redemption seats CBR-SIN at the Saver rate showing up, but they don't show up at all for SYD-SIN on the same dates even though it's the same aircraft that now flies SYD-CBR-SIN. According the SQ app on my phone, SQ288 is a 777-300ER aircraft, which I understand has lie-flat seats. Only downside is the 60-minute stopover in CBR with no lounge (First World problem).
Old May 8, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Interestingly there are plenty of J redemption seats CBR-SIN at the Saver rate showing up, but they don't show up at all for SYD-SIN on the same dates even though it's the same aircraft that now flies SYD-CBR-SIN.
I've noticed this too... No redemption seats on the SIN-SYD-CBR leg online. I wonder if its the extra leg at the end messing with the system. Might be worth contacting the airline?

Originally Posted by RTWFF
According the SQ app on my phone, SQ288 is a 777-300ER aircraft, which I understand has lie-flat seats.
Yes. They are the 2013 J seats. Perfectly good for a trip of this length.

Last edited by xtfer; May 8, 2018 at 7:11 pm Reason: Fix error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.