Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Rumoured cutbacks : No more hot towels in coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Yeap.. the cull has begun.

No more hot towels in economy class which had set SQ apart. But no more.

Other rumoured cuts including SQ charging for some drinks in economy class - apparently during the booking process, a window will pop up if you'd like to enjoy brandy on flight and you have to pay for it. Don't know how much truth this is...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Other rumoured cuts including SQ charging for some drinks in economy class - apparently during the booking process, a window will pop up if you'd like to enjoy brandy on flight and you have to pay for it. Don't know how much truth this is...
How many Y passengers drink brandy?

A bit odd but I could see something like EK selling flutes of champagne onboard in Y.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
It's the end of civilisation as we know it
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:18 pm

They should cut the Amenity Kit in Y. Half of them ending up, never opened, in the rubbish bin.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SQ325
They should cut the Amenity Kit in Y. Half of them ending up, never opened, in the rubbish bin.
I agree that they should cut this rather than the hot towels. I think people will definitely miss the hot towels a lot more as it's one of the things that is quite unique to SQ, and really helps passengers feel less grimy after a long-haul.

The amenity kit could be done J-style anyway; give passengers the items only if they request for it. I always wondered why they bothered with toothbrushes though. How many people really bother brushing their teeth on the flight? In any case they also load toothbrushes in the toilets.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Just don't take away the teddy bears

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Yes, Asiana stopped their steamed towel service in Y about 15 months ago...definitely the one thing in Y that's missed...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:13 am

Flew Emirates a few weeks ago and was given a hot towel in Y, happened on 2 of the 4 flights we took.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yeap.. the cull has begun.

No more hot towels in economy class which had set SQ apart. But no more.
Is this a rumour or official? I asked a cabin crew and he doesn't know anything about this.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:41 am

I just did a dummy booking and nothing about brandy popped up?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I think this falls into the "My ex-wife's new husband's third cousin twice removed's grandmother's lesbian lover who's half-deaf overheard a whispered conversation between two unidentified strangers about an unnamed airline that might have been SQ" category
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
I think this falls into the "My ex-wife's new husband's third cousin twice removed's grandmother's lesbian lover who's half-deaf overheard a whispered conversation between two unidentified strangers about an unnamed airline that might have been SQ" category
^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:22 pm

Oh, the horror! Oh, the humanity!

Perhaps Y passengers will have to make do with a cold wet wipe in the amenity kit.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
The amenity kit can be a souvenir for some people
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: KF, Eva
didnt happen to me. I just flew on Y last Sunday and I still got warm towel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.