Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite qualification questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Why wouldn't it count towards the next year?

If I had flown like...YVR-SFO just once, it would've given me 500 miles (not I'm not checking that, lets just pretend) then all of the longer flights (if they were on a diff booking) would've applied for 2018. I'm not concerned with hitting PPS or anything with SQ, they don't fly to Canada so I'd never even really have a chance, nor do I fly paid business or anything. I just wanna keep star gold as long as possible with as little effort as possible . So having 6000 miles towards 2018 already would've been rather helpful.

As it stands I do diversify. I've got a PR flight coming up that'll credit to NH cuz there's no point in me crediting it anywhere else. I credited my AM flights to CM, where I've just credited a few other flights, in hopes of hitting at least 25,000 miles, just enough for a 1way to Colombia or something. I've got 35k status right now at AC, which is pretty useless, but it did just save me a little money on an award booking. Just hit 50k at SQ, to get my star gold back, that was a rough 4 months without it .

I don't wanna "chase" status per se, but I do wanna have status with 1, I'll credit wherever for redemption purposes.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Pretty much all airlines have a date when the status-collecting year resets to zero.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Why wouldn't it count towards the next year?

If I had flown like...YVR-SFO just once, it would've given me 500 miles (not I'm not checking that, lets just pretend) then all of the longer flights (if they were on a diff booking) would've applied for 2018. I'm not concerned with hitting PPS or anything with SQ, they don't fly to Canada so I'd never even really have a chance, nor do I fly paid business or anything. I just wanna keep star gold as long as possible with as little effort as possible . So having 6000 miles towards 2018 already would've been rather helpful.

As it stands I do diversify. I've got a PR flight coming up that'll credit to NH cuz there's no point in me crediting it anywhere else. I credited my AM flights to CM, where I've just credited a few other flights, in hopes of hitting at least 25,000 miles, just enough for a 1way to Colombia or something. I've got 35k status right now at AC, which is pretty useless, but it did just save me a little money on an award booking. Just hit 50k at SQ, to get my star gold back, that was a rough 4 months without it .

I don't wanna "chase" status per se, but I do wanna have status with 1, I'll credit wherever for redemption purposes.
It also depends on how much time it takes for the FFP to recognize your new status. For me, I had my qualifying flight and it showed that I have successfully qualified for Gold ahead of the deadline, e.g. 51000/50000 by 28 February 2017. This message will stay there for at least a few days; I cannot remember exactly but it might have been the month's end even before the counter reset to 0/50000. Meaning, all of your long-hauls after hitting the 50k mark might have been 'wasted' as well due to their end-of-month reset.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Question Qualify Elite Gold Questions

Hello,

I am real novice when it comes to the Kris Flyer scheme (but a total convert to flying SQ and transiting SIN). However, I have a question about the timelines for progressing to Silver and Gold status.

- I am currently at the basic/entry level with 19,500 Elite miles. The counter on the webpage says I need 5,500 by 31 July 2017 to qualify for Elite Silver.

- The outbound legs of an upcoming trip this month will earn 5,640 Elite miles and push me over the 25,000 threshold so that I become Elite Silver.

Given my existing membership date (July) and date of promotion to Silver (May), how long do I have and how many more Elite miles do I need in order to progress to Elite Gold?

i.e. Would I have to earn another 25,000 Elite miles before 31 July 2017 to qualify or can I still achieve Gold status if I earn a total of 50,000 Elite miles in ANY consecutive 12 months (independent of membership date)?

I will not be able to earn another 25,000 Elite miles between May and July 2017 but I will have earned 50,000+ Elite miles between January and November 2017.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Given my existing membership date (July) and date of promotion to Silver (May), how long do I have and how many more Elite miles do I need in order to progress to Elite Gold?
It will still the same deadline - July 30, 2017.

The 50K required by KF Elite Gold must be all done within a 12-month period, which is independent from KF Elite Silver (i.e. you may be able to re-qualify for KF Elite Silver for another year with additional 25K, but not upgraded to KF Elite Gold).
Old May 6, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by garykung
It will still the same deadline - July 30, 2017.

The 50K required by KF Elite Gold must be all done within a 12-month period, which is independent from KF Elite Silver (i.e. you may be able to re-qualify for KF Elite Silver for another year with additional 25K, but not upgraded to KF Elite Gold).
I posed the same question (above) to the Kris Flyer membership team and got the following response:

"For your Elite Gold membership, our system will still continue tracking the Elite miles earned in your KrisFlyer account within 12 rolling months. At this moment, you are required to accrue additional 30,500 Elite miles by 31 July 2017 to attain Elite Gold status.

In the event where the required Elite miles is not met within the consecutive 12-month of qualification period, your Elite miles will be tracked on a rolling 12-month from the next Elite miles accrual month.

For example, your current Elite Gold qualification period is tracking from July 2016 until 31 July 2017. If you are unable to accrue 50,000 Elite miles during this period, your Elite miles will be tracked from the next Elite miles accrual month, which is February 2017. As such, the next qualification period for your Elite Gold membership will be rolling from February 2017 until 28 February 2018.
"

Interesting (and good news for me)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.