Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Moonspinner
Interesting because the SYD-SIN route was widely touted to be the first route to have the new Suites . . . .
No it's not. The final new suites product hasn't been announced, never mind the inaugural sector (which is pure conjecture in any case). You think they would update the seat map without having announced the final product?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Phaze
No it's not. The final new suites product hasn't been announced, never mind the inaugural sector (which is pure conjecture in any case). You think they would update the seat map without having announced the final product?
It is probably based on the following article below:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ney-in-october

Also for the first ever commercial A380 flight is SQ SIN-SYD, almost 10 years ago.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:43 am

Yes, it is. But I would only expect to see seat maps updated once the airline itself is confident that the equipment will be ready to serve the new route and has unveiled the product. SQ is one of the more professional airlines when it comes to route planning and wants to avoid this sort of thing happening.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:10 pm
THR

Also, there are two A380 services to Sydney. Even if it is true, you wouldn't know which one yet.

We all just need to wait and see.

(I am booked SQ232 end May so hoping it is this route )
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Moonspinner
I'm booked SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK in Suites, mid-July 2018. I made my seat selections today, and the seat map was still the "old" seat map. Interesting because the SYD-SIN route was widely touted to be the first route to have the new Suites . . . .
I'm sure they will do a big launch for the next generation product. Updating the seat map would spoil the surprise and suspense.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I'm booked in F on SQ221 on October 25 just in case lol ;-)
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by THR
Also, there are two A380 services to Sydney. Even if it is true, you wouldn't know which one yet.

We all just need to wait and see.

(I am booked SQ232 end May so hoping it is this route )
My guess is that it would be SQ221/SQ232 rotation to get new Suites.

My theory is because SQ231 leaves SIN at 00:45 which is very late and most people may not have opportunity to full enjoy the new Suites. As a result, SQ222 will also stay as normal Suites.

At the moment I have SQ221, SQ231 and SQ232 all booked in Suite awards in January next year, fingers crossed.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:52 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kamchatsky

My theory is because SQ231 leaves SIN at 00:45 which is very late and most people may not have opportunity to full enjoy the new Suites. As a result, SQ222 will also stay as normal Suites.

At the moment I have SQ221, SQ231 and SQ232 all booked in Suite awards in January next year, fingers crossed.
I hope you are right with SQ232 ....as we are booked on this flight in March
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by kamchatsky

This thread didn't get much attention, but I'm almost certain that 221 / 232 are already scheduled to be the first route. As of 1/1/2018, they've both been reduced to selling only 6 Suites, which is the size of the new cabin that was leaked.

[Speculation] SQ221/SQ232 will receive the new A380 suites from Jan 2018

My guess is SQ knows that they'll have the plane by January, so they've proactively reduced inventory on those flights before their big public reveal. (Note that the seat map still hasn't been updated, but again, that's probably because they don't want to show their hand before the media event.) Once they have a better idea when the plane will be delivered, they'll put it in the schedule for December and possibly November.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:03 am

From what I've been reading around here, the current version of Suites was off limits to award tickets for a while after the initial launch.

Does anyone know/remember what happened with F award tickets were booked before the launch that turned out to be on Suites flights?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mkt80
Does anyone know/remember what happened with F award tickets were booked before the launch that turned out to be on Suites flights?
They were booked into Suites. However, if you wanted to change the flight, you could only change it to a non-Suites First Class seat.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Source: The Straits Times

Article on the A380 makeover:

For SIA, new seats and other fittings across all classes, and an upgraded in-flight entertainment system, are among the enhancements that will be made to 14 of its 19 existing A-380s.

Configuration changes are also expected, with first-class suites - currently located on the lower deck - being moved to the upper deck

There will likely be fewer suites too - with the current 12 reduced to between six and eight.

The retrofit will not be carried out for SIA's first five superjumbos, which are expected to be returned to lessors when their time is up next year.

Customers can expect the new-look aircraft to enter into commercial service early next year, possibly on the Singapore- Sydney route, which was also the first A-380 route for SIA when it started flying the superjumbo in October 2007.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
~ Wishful thinking ~ I hope they do some SIN-HKG rotations sometime in May next year, but I doubt it

Looking forward to the new suites, been planning a AUS+NZL trip for next year and it would be great to have a new product on the SIN-SYD route.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The roll-out will be delayed and no commercial flight of the new Suites will take place before December.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
The roll-out will be delayed and no commercial flight of the new Suites will take place before December.
Where is the source from?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.