Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ dropped my upgrade, lost my bulkhead seats and now cannot sit with SO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

So, has anyone else had awful luck with SQ?

Almost a year ago, I booked two premium economy saver seats LAX-NRT, paid an extra $75 per seat for bulkhead. I also wait-listed business. My flight is coming up next week and I get the text/email that my waitlist is ready to be confirmed. I call in immediately and go through the whole song and dance, completely ecstatic about the news. Woman tells me everything is set and I'll get an email within a few minutes. About 36 hours go by and I still have no confirmation and no ticket under my name. I call in and they tell me the business seats were dropped from selection before my wait list cleared, they've sold my PE seats and they can't put me in business right now, but will put in an "urgent request" for me. The only seats available in PE are, of course, not bulkhead and not anywhere near each other.

I'm honestly not sure what to do here. This is my first international award flight. How do I go about handling this so I can at least sit with my SO? For the bulkhead, I'm obviously going to request a refund or go forward with a chargeback if they aren't able to upgrade me to business. Has this happened to anyone?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PineappleFart
So, has anyone else had awful luck with SQ?

Almost a year ago, I booked two premium economy saver seats LAX-NRT, paid an extra $75 per seat for bulkhead. I also wait-listed business. My flight is coming up next week and I get the text/email that my waitlist is ready to be confirmed. I call in immediately and go through the whole song and dance, completely ecstatic about the news. Woman tells me everything is set and I'll get an email within a few minutes. About 36 hours go by and I still have no confirmation and no ticket under my name. I call in and they tell me the business seats were dropped from selection before my wait list cleared, they've sold my PE seats and they can't put me in business right now, but will put in an "urgent request" for me. The only seats available in PE are, of course, not bulkhead and not anywhere near each other.

I'm honestly not sure what to do here. This is my first international award flight. How do I go about handling this so I can at least sit with my SO? For the bulkhead, I'm obviously going to request a refund or go forward with a chargeback if they aren't able to upgrade me to business. Has this happened to anyone?
Bunch of excuses, SQ messed it up from the sound of it. SQ confirmed your Business seats and you called in during confirmation period right? Hence, they better fix that part if that is your preference. You will have to press them hard (but polite). Get supervisors' or managers involved, a normal agent will just do cookie cutter process.

If you are okay to relinquish biz and stay with original booking in PEY, tell them that and ask for your original, paid seat back.

IIRC, premium seat payment would not be refunded if your biz seat comes through as you changed it / gave it up and not SQ. If you travel PEY and don't have your premium seat then you are do a refund of course.

If you got any flexibility with travel dates or if there are multiple daily flights to your destination that could be another option to enable them to open up biz seats for you if nothing else works. YMMV
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
While it is not an excuse for SQ to mess up the waitlist, all airlines (including SQ) will insist that - ALL SEAT ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.

So you should hope that the waitlist issue get fixed and you are back on business.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by garykung
While it is not an excuse for SQ to mess up the waitlist, all airlines (including SQ) will insist that - ALL SEAT ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.

So you should hope that the waitlist issue get fixed and you are back on business.
This. Push politely, but firmly. You do not have a right to your old seats. So, you need to enlist a manager's assistance and that means getting someone to want to help you.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Often1
This. Push politely, but firmly. You do not have a right to your old seats. So, you need to enlist a manager's assistance and that means getting someone to want to help you.
Please don't forget that the OP paid for a specific premium seat. Now admittedly that could be any designated PEY premium seat, but not any seat in PEY as long as SQ does not refund the money paid for the special seat.

My recommendation is still to focus on getting the J class award part fixed and not trying to go back to status quo before SQs mess up.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by demue
Please don't forget that the OP paid for a specific premium seat.
Again - ALL SEAT ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.

In case of OP losing the "assigned" seats, only refund of the money paid is due.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:29 pm

No one is saying that seat assignments are guaranteed so mellow out and go easy on your all caps. SQ hasn't even offered him a refund yet or done much to fix the problems they caused so OP needs to press them on a resolution.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
If op has proof, email/SMS, op should insist.

Sq messed it up, they need to fix it.

I got confirmation on my wait list , I tried to do the ticketing on list and the system screw it up. I called in, they said they can't see it and I told them I have email to proof it.

They asked me to send email within few hours they managed to get the seat back.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:43 pm

curious if OP has had a positive outcome..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.