Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

WWYD - Need to book connecting flight from SQ 26

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Have suites booked on SQ 26 arriving JFK on 4/5. From recent flightaware data - I can see that this flight usually arrives early. But on 2/9 it was almost 4 hours delayed. I know that is due to the storm - but still shows what could happen.

Since we will have been flying for so long prior to arrival at JFK - I know we will want to fly home to ORD as quickly as possible. I was going to book a DL flight that leaves at 2pm. I thought 3 hours would be safe. But now I am not so sure.

Any advice? There just aren't many JFK-ORD flights. There is a later JetBlue flight and an even later AA one.

Last edited by CherylD; Feb 20, 2017 at 11:40 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Three hours is usually safe for this sort of thing. Obviously, delays happen but unless this flight is chronically delayed, I don't see the point in hedging your bets and booking something absurd like an eight hour connection. Book the flight leaving three hours after you arrive and deal with missing JFK - ORD if it comes to that.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you @kevincrumbs!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Can also check if your CC or travel insurance would cover for missed flight due to delayed inbound. 3 hours sounds sufficient...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.