Search

HDMI New Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: All Expired... :-(
HDMI New Business Class

Hi All,

I'm flying SG, LHR to SIN in a few weeks in J on SQ305, and I've seen in some of the photos/videos that the new J class seat has a HDMI port.

Has anyone ever used it - does it work? I'm considering buying a HDMI adapter for my iPad so I can watch some shows I have on the seat screen. I wouldn't really have any other use for this adapter, so if it doesn't work, or if the connection is flakey I wouldn't bother.

Has anyone ever tried it?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
It works! I tried it on SQ's A350. Bring your own HDMI cable as they don't provide one. Videos will display clearly at 1080P resolution but viewing text from a laptop isn't very crisp/clear.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:22 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I am continually puzzled by SQ's installation of such ports (e.g. the old S-composite / RGB style) given how few people must think ahead to bring such equipment, and how little it matters to the average passenger. Is it worth the additional cost of requiring and paying for this hardware??

Who among your friends/colleagues ever travel with an HDMI or S-video / composite cable?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
It works! I tried it on SQ's A350. Bring your own HDMI cable as they don't provide one. Videos will display clearly at 1080P resolution but viewing text from a laptop isn't very crisp/clear.
Nice to know that. Useful when I take my children on the A350. Now I'd need an adapter that can charge the tablet at the same time of outputing video.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Thanks for confirming. I will take an adapter with me and try it out!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: SQ & QF
I wonder if I could bring my PlayStation 4 and use that to pass the time?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by FN-GM
I wonder if I could bring my PlayStation 4 and use that to pass the time?
There's a power plug and a hdmi port.

Why not?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tycosiao
There's a power plug and a hdmi port.

Why not?
Very unlikely the outlet puts out sufficient wattage to allow operation of of PS 4. Output is generally capped at ~75-watts.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Good point. I could use a retro PI maybe
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:59 am

About HDMI. as long as you can bring your own or don't mind asking around.

About PS4 or Xbox. I'm not sure if voltage or power settings can support it. it needs to be 220 for Eu and 110 for US
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I've played games on my laptop with the GPU on and fans screaming so I assume that would have been drawing at least 70W.
Could have done with a bit more space for my mouse, but I was back in Y.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm sitting in the 4 seat F cabin on SQ318 right now and happily watching BBC IPlayer content from my Galaxy S10 via an HDMI converter and short cable (sufficiently portable I always carry them in my little cables pouch!).

Alas every 5 minutes or so the main screen decides to switch off I presume because it thinks it's idle. Anyone had this issue, and found a remedy?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:44 pm

Anyone use this lately? I’m assuming an hdmi and apple lighting to digital access adapter does the trick?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Originally Posted by BA97
I'm sitting in the 4 seat F cabin on SQ318 right now and happily watching BBC IPlayer content from my Galaxy S10 via an HDMI converter and short cable (sufficiently portable I always carry them in my little cables pouch!).

Alas every 5 minutes or so the main screen decides to switch off I presume because it thinks it's idle. Anyone had this issue, and found a remedy?
I'm more impressed iPlayer works and wasn't region-blocked. VPN?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by TA
I am continually puzzled by SQ's installation of such ports (e.g. the old S-composite / RGB style) given how few people must think ahead to bring such equipment, and how little it matters to the average passenger. Is it worth the additional cost of requiring and paying for this hardware??

Who among your friends/colleagues ever travel with an HDMI or S-video / composite cable?
haven’t owned svid or comp in decades but I bring along two hdmis nowadays (along with lightning and usb-c adapters). Have used them on both ANA F (4k) and SQ F (1080p) - the latter both at the same time to watch Netflix and use my laptop across two suites lol. Handy in hotels sometimes too of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.