Search

Waitlist disappeared??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, UA Silver, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hyatt PLAT, HH Diamond
Waitlist disappeared??

So here is my situation.

I waitlisted online for a Sunday flight in Biz for 4 from LAX-NRT. I then called into an agent to book a confirmed flight for Monday (the following day) but before I did that, I had her waitlist me for another date (Tuesday the prior week). I also asked her to waitlist me for Wednesday but she said it was not available (even though it still shows as available).

Once she was done, I had a confirmed flight for Monday and a waitlist for the prior Tuesday, but my Sunday waitlist (booked online) disappeared. Unfortunately I did not write down the record locator so I have nothing to confirm this waitlist. Is there anything they can do on their end? I don't have enough miles to add a new waitlist as I already used it all up to confirm my flight.

Alternatively, can I move my current waitlist date to my preferred date of Sunday?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: KF Gold
Originally Posted by booyun
So here is my situation.

I waitlisted online for a Sunday flight in Biz for 4 from LAX-NRT. I then called into an agent to book a confirmed flight for Monday (the following day) but before I did that, I had her waitlist me for another date (Tuesday the prior week). I also asked her to waitlist me for Wednesday but she said it was not available (even though it still shows as available).

Once she was done, I had a confirmed flight for Monday and a waitlist for the prior Tuesday, but my Sunday waitlist (booked online) disappeared. Unfortunately I did not write down the record locator so I have nothing to confirm this waitlist. Is there anything they can do on their end? I don't have enough miles to add a new waitlist as I already used it all up to confirm my flight.

Alternatively, can I move my current waitlist date to my preferred date of Sunday?
Shouldn't be a problem moving your current wait list date as I had a similar situation where I waitlisted Friday and booked Thursday and needed to change to Wednesday which was only available as a wait list and I had insufficient miles. I rang up the call centre and they happily changed my wait list dates for me after I explained my situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.