Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[BKK] New SKL Lounge to open on Feb 8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Mlee888
Agreed, definitely a step up. Just sad no showers there. I was hoping for a shower after a hot day in Bangkok and unfortunately had to settle for a pint of Singha instead.
At least in BKK you can lounge hop. .. and head to TG lounge first for a shower ...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
I just visited the new BKK SilverKris Lounge late last month. It is a very impressive lounge, with the new "Home Away from Home" decor.

The Lounge Entrance...

Seating...

Full bar and dining area...

Large F&B selection comprising both international and Asian selections.

Signature cocktails and dishes include Singapore Slings (mixed to order)...

...and Laksa...

The lounge is a lot larger than the previous SQ lounge in BKK.

One of the more impressive SQ outstation lounges I have visited. It was not busy when I was there on a Saturday afternoon, although I have heard it can get crowded at peak hours on weekdays. As others have mentioned, no showers in the lounge, although there are restrooms.

More pics can be found here (Link to external SQTalk site.)

Last edited by sqyf; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:21 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Some additional pix

Originally Posted by sqyf
I just visited the new BKK SilverKris Lounge late last month. It is a very impressive lounge, with the new "Home Away from Home" decor.
You beat me to it
I was @ BKK in the early morning of 6/28 & took some pix as well.
I would have thought that someone would have posted some pix on here soon after the lounge opened in May but nobody did (although there are reviews on other sites).

Anyway, the lounge was serving breakfast when I was there so I thought I'd post some pix of the breakfast items. The noodle dish was "mie rebus", & I think all the staff at the lounge are really excellent!

p/s I read your trip reports on SQTalk & I think they are awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to write them, I know it's quite time consuming.
Just curious, have you ever had a bad meal on SQ?
Attached Images  
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Anyway, the lounge was serving breakfast when I was there so I thought I'd post some pix of the breakfast items. The noodle dish was "mie rebus", & I think all the staff at the lounge are really excellent!
Nice breakfast pics! Looks like a decent selection.

p/s I read your trip reports on SQTalk & I think they are awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to write them, I know it's quite time consuming.
Thanks for taking the time to read them, kaffir76! I go by the handle yflyer on SQTalk, and sqyf here because yflyer is already taken by another user on Flyertalk.

Yes, these things take time to write, but I find writing them to be a great way to destress, and also to remember what I did on those trips!

Just curious, have you ever had a bad meal on SQ?
Well they overcooked my steak once on a business class flight from ICN to SIN, but service recovery was prompt and excellent! Apart from that, I've never been a fan of their egg omelette breakfasts in Y (Bland and boring -- the Asian Y breakfast choices are usually better), and as mentioned in the BKK TR, they tend to err on the conservative side of flavours sometimes, but otherwise, I've been quite happy with SQ catering. I mean, how often do you get fillet steak served in an economy meal? :-)
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:54 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by invisible

Another question for BKK - if you already are in transit area, can you leave and go landside?
I did it last week. Have to go back to the intersection and find the down escalator.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking FIRST PERSON INTO SQ lounge BKK :)

Lounge opens at 6.30am sharp, & I was the first person in coz' the guy who was here b4 me was on the phone
Managed to take some un-touched food pics, hope this whets everyone's appetite this morning ..
Note to self - do not book 8am flights in the future

## Pic not loading - will edit post later

Last edited by kaffir76; Nov 18, 2018 at 11:07 pm Reason: ## Pic did not load yest.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:26 pm

Actually the food looks pretty good.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I found the food in this lounge excellent.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
The food is excellent. And those fresh coconuts in the fridge? I had three when i was last there. LOL
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Really an excellent lounge, in every way & nice Staff ^

So important for *A flyers at BKK since the TG lounges are dire
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:03 am

Anyone recently visited this lounge? Any thoughts compared to BR? Considering the new TK lounge as well.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
IMO it's the best *A lounge at BKK. Excellent food. I don't like the BR lounges, and BKK is no exception. Weird seating, unappealing food.

TK lounge got some pretty unfavorable comments in the TG forum (which is where you'll find the most active discussion of BKK lounges).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO it's the best *A lounge at BKK. Excellent food.).
My main complaint is if you are sitting in the wrong spot (and sometimes gets quite full so no choice) it can get very noisy with announcements from the terminal and even the ubiquitous (at BKK) “End of the walkway” reminder percolating into the lounge!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Anyone recently visited this lounge? Any thoughts compared to BR? Considering the new TK lounge as well.
Actively discussed here & on the TK board -

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK
Troopers likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
My main complaint is if you are sitting in the wrong spot (and sometimes gets quite full so no choice) it can get very noisy with announcements from the terminal and even the ubiquitous (at BKK) “End of the walkway” reminder percolating into the lounge!
You even get that in the TG F lounge.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.