Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIN-ARN via Moscow with A350 starting in May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-ARN via Moscow with A350 starting in May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
ARN has quite a sparse intercontinental network especially to the further parts of Asia compared to its brethren in CPH - thanks to SAS. There's DOH on QR, PEK on CA, BKK on NLH and TG, HKG on SK.
I think the best choice out of ARN would be to fly AY via HEL. Not only is Helsinki closer than Copenhagen, but AY services something like 12+ destinations across Asia. Plus it's a convenient airport, no security check even (when arriving from "safe" airports) so no more "taking out the laptop, etc." when transferring.

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
SQ would have seen traffic loss on DME as oil prices dropped and sanctions on Russia were imposed.
Surprised they don't just scrap DME and focus on more important destinations. Hamburg, perhaps? Or is that too close to CPH? Berlin would ultimately be right on the money but isn't the new airport (delayed until when...?) the issue here?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR Ł0.01
Originally Posted by aster
I think the best choice out of ARN would be to fly AY via HEL. Not only is Helsinki closer than Copenhagen, but AY services something like 12+ destinations across Asia. Plus it's a convenient airport, no security check even (when arriving from "safe" airports) so no more "taking out the laptop, etc." when transferring.

Surprised they don't just scrap DME and focus on more important destinations. Hamburg, perhaps? Or is that too close to CPH? Berlin would ultimately be right on the money but isn't the new airport (delayed until when...?) the issue here?
Very much agree with you about HEL. AY would definately have my preference once they will upgrade current aged A340 to new A350 on SIN route.

As for DME, I think SQ cannot just ignore a country of 200 mln people. Despite struggling economy and bad currency, middle class Russians would still choose SQ when they travel on holidays to Phuket, Malaysia or Bali, either in J or Y.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A reminder to stay on topic. Next time it may not be just posts that are deleted.

Kiwi Flyer
FT SQ forum co-moderator
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:31 pm

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could advice me on catering on this flight? I have booked Arn-Sin in Business class and it says it will be dinner and breakfast. I am assuming dinner will be after the stop in Dme. Does anyone know what sort of catering there will be on the short hop from Arn to Dme?

Thanks

Last edited by mischadee; Jan 7, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mischadee
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could advice me on catering on this flight? I have booked Arn-Sin in Business class and it says it will be dinner and breakfast. I am assuming dinner will be after the stop in Dme. Does anyone know what sort of catering there will be on the short hop from Arn to Dme?

Thanks
Until we get actual trip reports or official word from SQ that's anybody's guess.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SQ starting ARN-SIN

Hadn't seen this on here before and only just stumbled across it on the ARN website.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/new...kholm-arlanda/

From May 30th 2017, Singapore Airlines will start operating their route between Stockholm Arlanda Airport and Changi Airport in Singapore. It will then be the fastest route to Singapore from Stockholm. The route will operate with five departures a week.
I was just getting used to the ARN-HKG-SIN travel but I guess SQ is feeling the competition? This route is GREATLY appreciated and I'm really looking forward to being back on SQ again. They will operate it on their A350s.

EDIT: Nevermind, I should have read better before getting excited. Apparently the flight has a layover in Moscow so this one is out of the question.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Feb 5, 2017 at 8:23 am
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
C fares on SQ are quite nice. For e.g. ARN - SIN it starts now at around 17000kr or ARN - AKL at less than 25000kr. And at EB all C booking classes with SQ give 200%. So ARN - AKL gives you almost EBG with over 44000 points.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:56 am

SQ does not operate dreamliners, it is operated with their new A350s. The Moscow stop is bad though, but at least it will be very competitive pricing for SQ product. I still think this is better than SK day-time return from HKG wasting a whole day and in many cases requiring a hotel at HKG if connecting.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
From ARN, Etihad and Qatar has great business fares to Asia, better than any star alliance airline
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:28 am

SQ Seats in CPH on Economy has been retro-fitted in 777-200ER as the seats on A380's.
However they are not as great as the new ones on A350.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by aznhandles
SQ Seats in CPH on Economy has been retro-fitted in 777-200ER as the seats on A380's.
However they are not as great as the new ones on A350.
the IFE on such a longhaul flight disappoints though. I have a CHC flight coming up in Apr on the 772J as well. Not really looking forward to it...

But I do recall the seats being pretty spacious though (width and pitch wise)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
anybody know if you have to get off in DME or can you just sit onboard and wait? thanks
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:30 am

Great fare for this route is avalible again now
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by nick5000
anybody know if you have to get off in DME or can you just sit onboard and wait? thanks
Disembark and go through security.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Disembark and go through security.
I know its been asked up thread, but the answer was six of one half a dozen of the other. Is any visa required, or is it literally off the plane, though security and back into the departure lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.